Hi all, i just wondering what happend, i'm traveling now, so i have loaded my PB 64 with video, mp3 and also pics, free memory is still about 4,5GB but when i'm trying to use internet through wifi it become totaly lugish, but tottaly, even system functions like settings are freezed, while i'm not counting wifi drops..even with completly disabled flash...
    Till now my experiences were fine, but i had still about half of data memory free, despite the "SPEED" of data transfer it was almost fine,
    So my question is what to do, its totaly useless to buy PB with bigger memory, while after load of data it becomes a brick like toy, making me mad...and feel like throwing it really soon into the ground...because i would like to be productive and not wasting lot of time.
    Thank you for advices and mainly for other experiences, and i'm sorry for my afected post..
    01-09-13 05:59 AM
    In the browser, swipe down from the top, hit Settings, go to Privacy and Security and then Clear All. That often solves the problem for me.
    01-09-13 08:49 AM
    Besides the above advice, let's see what else might be at issue. Any sideloaded apps? (that is Android apps, you have added yourself and not from appworld)? What apps do you routinely run.

Also, maybe it just needs to be restarted:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    01-09-13 09:40 AM
    Thank you very much for detailed advices, the point is that till now (before loading data - in os overwiev is writen 671 audio files, 61vids, 325images and 292 documents) it was all fine, also with those few sideloaded apps, of course also with web browsing and flash enabled (but flash is of course issue for it own).
    By the way I made complete wipe before updating to os 2.1.

Now i have still troubles even just with virtual keyboard, but now it seem to be little bit better (bit less lagy keybard), but its not nice feeling to be with device which is not very responsoble as you can understand, is it posible that os trying to somehow index those new files.?

And for your suggestion, of course i have tryed soft restart-actualy few times, but about 3 buttons reset i'm not sure if it will go to factory reset? That wouldn't be for me very nice, because i'll be without pc for long time..
    And private data except cookies deleted...

My usual executed apps were batteryguru, groovynotes and builded in web browser
    01-09-13 11:22 AM
    The 3-button does not erase data. It is supposedly more effective than a restart.

Maybe it is/was indexing all of those files. I, yes, when the pb becomes very slow and unresponsive, it can be very irritating. I've occasionally taken to really TAPPING HARD - not that it does anything except make me feel better!!!!! But it is also not recommended as it could crack the screen.
    01-09-13 12:08 PM
    Thank you very much for detailed advices, the point is that till now (before loading data - in os overwiev is writen 671 audio files, 61vids, 325images and 292 documents) it was all fine, also with those few sideloaded apps, of course also with web browsing and flash enabled (but flash is of course issue for it own).
    By the way I made complete wipe before updating to os 2.1.

Now i have still troubles even just with virtual keyboard, but now it seem to be little bit better (bit less lagy keybard), but its not nice feeling to be with device which is not very responsoble as you can understand, is it posible that os trying to somehow index those new files.?

And for your suggestion, of course i have tryed soft restart-actualy few times, but about 3 buttons reset i'm not sure if it will go to factory reset? That wouldn't be for me very nice, because i'll be without pc for long time..
    And private data except cookies deleted...

My usual executed apps were batteryguru, groovynotes and builded in web browser
    If what I suggested before doesn't work, and the 3-button reset doesn't work, you may have to do what I had to resort to: Bite the bullet and do a security wipe. It fixed all my problems and now the sluggishness is gone and everything is lightning fast. Nothing freezes or crashes or is delayed a few seconds. It sounds to me like you may have to go that route.
    If you do, though, just remember to back up everything first. In my haste and aggravated state, I forgot to do that and lost all of my pictures.
    01-09-13 04:16 PM
    I used an app called Memory Eater and it does the job for me.
    01-10-13 11:59 PM
    Ok, thanks a lot for suggestions, not very glad to hear but at least its not just my problem..., i'll try 3 buttons ress, and for backup i'll leave wiping, anyhow its not nice, so all hope must go to os10 (with other new bugs? ) but i'm still trustfull...
    And for memeater, i used it till update to os 2.1 for killing android apps, but since then it wasn'nt necesary..
    Thanks and god speed to yours playbooks ;D
    01-11-13 03:23 AM
    After 3 button restart is now only solution wipe, or deleting files...so its really nonsense to buy playbook with bigger memory :/
    01-13-13 08:51 PM
    Something might have happened. You might try deleting some of the video files that you have watched. Then do the 3-finger restart again after the video deletion. Good luck.
    01-14-13 12:08 AM
    I used an app called Memory Eater and it does the job for me.
    I do not see this in app world. Where can i find this?
    01-14-13 12:26 AM
    Actually, I've noticed also similar thing... I have two 64GB's PB having the same OS latest version... one of them is loaded with Apps & games and multi-media files while the other one is also loaded with the same Apps & games but few multi-media files... and in the end, the second PB is speedy than the first one in terms of browsing internet, accessing files, running apps and opening of games...

Not sure if it is related to the loaded multi-media files (and it shouldn't be the case since PB is using flash memory or the so-called non-volatile computer storage) but that is their only difference...
    01-14-13 02:42 AM
    There's a thread that implicates either too many or too much space taken up by media (video?) causing the "freeze bug" in the video camera. Someone posted that removing some of them and/or turning on/off Data encryption can fix the problem. Adding media back and again break it. My theory is that the pb does not do well with "fragmented" storage and so has problems writing the video you are filming to the "disk" and freezes as it tries writing the file.
    01-14-13 08:27 AM
    Hi, please is here any proper info about date of bb10 update, im surprised that im still using my pb in those conditions - unfortunatelly still without pc so its difficult to make complete wipe, but few times i almost made complete hardware wipe ;D its reall pain to do things which would be for maximally 5minutes in finall almost one hour - its teaching me real "patience", i dont want to say it but i even considered moving to hated "pear" brand..
    02-08-13 08:27 PM