I am a long time BB fan (my employer has used BB for years) and I recently purchased an unlocked Z10. I had an IPhone 4 for a couple years and the Z10 absolutely blows it away. I also operate a side business and thought that a lot of the features of the Z10 and Playbook would be handy, and right now they are giving Playbooks away I got a 64G for $150. Several of the functions of both of these products are not working correctly. For one thing the Z10 I feel was deceptively advertised as having the work and personal profiles, when I got it I found that you need some kind of enterprise thing to use that. This was my primary reason for purchasing it. I cannot tether it to the Playbook as my carrier does not have that option. I guess that's not really on BB but it would have been nice to know before hand. I tried side loading a PayPal app to the Z10 and it doesn't work correctly either. Now my Playbook will not do anything right it seems, when I connect to my computer to try and use BB Link it says there was an error in connecting to my device and also it will not charge. I was really hoping to be able to share files between the Playbook and my PC. Also I am trying to use the BB link for my Z10 and Playbook and the only thing it is linking is SMS and BBM. I will probably never use my Playbook for either of those things, I was hoping to be able to link Apps. I've cruised forums and tried all of the suggestions I have found and nothing has worked. I have spent hours trying to set this up. This is all extremely frustrating to me and although I love the Z10 I am now regretting the purchase. I am rooting for BB and think the OS10 has a lot of potential however this is ridiculous. Just a rant I don't expect to find a solution to these problems at this point.
    11-25-13 01:12 PM
    Sorry I meant BlackBerry bridge for the PlayBook and z10 not BlackBerry link

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 01:16 PM
    BlackBerry link software does not work with the playbook. Have you used the Blackberry desktop software?

Zed 10 via CB10
    11-25-13 01:16 PM
    Sorry for your frustration with the PlayBook.... you have join a very exclusive club (those frustrated with the PlayBook).
    11-25-13 01:18 PM
    1. seperate work and personal is BlackBerry Balance and is an enterprise feature, no deception there
    2. You can 'tether' the two using blackberry bridge or just use your Z10 as a mobile hotspot (can be activated via escreen on Z10 if your carrier has blocked it)
    3. You can upgrade your Z to 10.2.1 and use the paypal apk, if you meant your Playbook, I dont know why you thought you could do this, compatibility with android apps was not promised.
    4. You can share files between pc and playbook via wifi as long as the two are on the same network

most of your 'issues' have nothing to do with the product, it is your lack of knowledge and assumptions.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    11-25-13 01:23 PM
    Sorry for your frustration with the PlayBook.... you have join a very exclusive club (those frustrated with the PlayBook).
    are you meaning that few are frustrated making the club exclusive? or that many are frustrated so join the club? If you mean the second, then the club is by no means exclusive.
    I'm going to assume you mean the first one, because not many are frustrated with the actual product, but the lack of updates and future support.
    11-25-13 01:25 PM
    BlackBerry link software does not work with the playbook. Have you used the Blackberry desktop software?

Zed 10 via CB10
    Pardon!!!!!!!!!!! I have been using Blackberry Link with my playbook ever since link was released! It works perfectly and is far more stable than desktop which is at best like trying to make a phone call with two baked bean tins and a piece of string! Misleading new members with incorrect facts about the bb products is non productive to say the least. State the facts however unpleasant and leave the user to decide?
    11-25-13 02:06 PM
    I downloaded the last bridge update, and Internet worked perfectly without having to turn hot spot on or tether, it just worked. I'm glad we can text on PB again, but I'm so used to the Z10 keyboard now that typing on the PB is not fun anymore.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and kbz1960 like this.
    11-25-13 02:18 PM
    stabstabdie, the only one making "assumptions" is you. The Paypal app was installed on the Z10. The commercials were misleading showing people switching from work to personal without any kind of fine print, message, etc. saying that it is an enterprise feature. I cannot "tether" anything because my carrier does not allow it .If you read my post I said that I don't feel that it is Blackberry's fault that I cannot tether the two. I do admit I haven't tried the mobile hotspot feature yet. I have not upgraded to 10.2 yet, and I don't plan on it until the official update is available, I'd rather not download the leaked version for fear of something going wrong. And if you read my post the PC says there is a problem connecting to my Playbook. This is a very common issue if you google it. In fact, these are all common issues.

I'm still screwing with it trying to figure it out. Please do not respond to this, your condescending responses are in no way necessary.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-25-13 05:10 PM
    jimk345 sorry was a typo. I am using the Blackberry desktop software for the Playbook and the Blackberry Link software for the Z10.
    11-25-13 05:12 PM
    stabstabdie, the only one making "assumptions" is you. The Paypal app was installed on the Z10. The commercials were misleading showing people switching from work to personal without any kind of fine print, message, etc. saying that it is an enterprise feature. I cannot "tether" anything because my carrier does not allow it .If you read my post I said that I don't feel that it is Blackberry's fault that I cannot tether the two. I do admit I haven't tried the mobile hotspot feature yet. I have not upgraded to 10.2 yet, and I don't plan on it until the official update is available, I'd rather not download the leaked version for fear of something going wrong. And if you read my post the PC says there is a problem connecting to my Playbook. This is a very common issue if you google it. In fact, these are all common issues.

I'm still screwing with it trying to figure it out. Please do not respond to this, your condescending responses are in no way necessary.
    The leak is solid. You should really go for it.
    You can switch carriers.
    You could easily learn about the phone you bought before you bought it.
    All of your complaints could have been avoided. I don't see why you're complaining, you did this to yourself.
    11-25-13 05:28 PM
    jimk345 sorry was a typo. I am using the Blackberry desktop software for the Playbook and the Blackberry Link software for the Z10.
    No problem. The sad old man says link does work with PB which is something I will have to check out. I hope you get some of your issues sorted out.
    11-25-13 05:50 PM
    Does anyone know if BBM groups will work on PB (10.1)?
    I'm running 10.2 on my Z10 and use the group feature frequently.

TIA
    11-25-13 06:36 PM
    10.1? Do you mean 2.1? No channels doesn't work on 2.1 although there is talk that it will be coming to pb. Beware though there is a lot of talk about. As was once said "talk is cheap because supply far out weighs demand "

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 06:51 PM
    No problem. The sad old man says link does work with PB which is something I will have to check out. I hope you get some of your issues sorted out.
    Please let me know if it doesn't work with the pb and then I can stop using it with mine!
    SEAWARRIOR, Carl Estes and kbz1960 like this.
    11-26-13 07:08 AM
    10.1? Do you mean 2.1? No channels doesn't work on 2.1 although there is talk that it will be coming to pb. Beware though there is a lot of talk about. As was once said "talk is cheap because supply far out weighs demand "

Posted via CB10
    Yes sorry 2.1 on PB.

I still use mine everyday.

Works great for video presentations.
    11-26-13 07:26 AM
    I am a long time BB fan (my employer has used BB for years) and I recently purchased an unlocked Z10. I had an IPhone 4 for a couple years and the Z10 absolutely blows it away. I also operate a side business and thought that a lot of the features of the Z10 and Playbook would be handy, and right now they are giving Playbooks away I got a 64G for $150. Several of the functions of both of these products are not working correctly. For one thing the Z10 I feel was deceptively advertised as having the work and personal profiles, when I got it I found that you need some kind of enterprise thing to use that. This was my primary reason for purchasing it.

I cannot tether it to the Playbook as my carrier does not have that option.
    [there a workarounds for this, a search will help w/ this]

I guess that's not really on BB but it would have been nice to know before hand. I tried side loading a PayPal app to the Z10 and it doesn't work correctly either. Now my Playbook will not do anything right it seems,

when I connect to my computer to try and use BB Link it says there was an error in connecting to my device and also it will not charge.[restart your pc & then plug in playbook & let it install the drivers,,, it will say that there's not enough power to charge,,, actually it will, but VERY slowly compared to the supplied charger or rapid travel charger or dock]

I was really hoping to be able to share files between the Playbook and my PC. [you can do this by enabling wifi sharing in the menu & by doing this---> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/ ,,, drag & drop & you're good to go]

Also I am trying to use the BB link for my Z10 and Playbook and the only thing it is linking is SMS and BBM.[bridge was crippled w/ BB10 but recently recieved the sms function update, hopefully they'll give it back its' full functionality in future updates]

I will probably never use my Playbook for either of those things, I was hoping to be able to link Apps. I've cruised forums and tried all of the suggestions I have found and nothing has worked. I have spent hours trying to set this up. This is all extremely frustrating to me and although I love the Z10 I am now regretting the purchase. I am rooting for BB and think the OS10 has a lot of potential however this is ridiculous. Just a rant I don't expect to find a solution to these problems at this point.
    11-26-13 07:37 AM

Zed 10 via CB10
    link does work w/ playbook, but backups are incomplete,,, you can still use it for transferring files,,, do backups w/ desk top manager...
    11-26-13 07:42 AM
    link does work w/ playbook, but backups are incomplete,,, you can still use it for transferring files,,, do backups w/ desk top manager...
    Thanks Sea Warrior. That's what I have found as well. The Sad Old Man says different though.

Zed 10 via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-26-13 08:04 AM
    Please let me know if it doesn't work with the pb and then I can stop using it with mine!
    Can you confirm that you have had success with full backups and restore using link with the playbook? If you just want to throw in more corny attempts at humor, never mind.

Zed 10 via CB10
    11-26-13 08:11 AM
    Can you confirm that you have had success with full backups and restore using link with the playbook? If you just want to throw in more corny attempts at humor, never mind.

Zed 10 via CB10
    It wasnt a corny attempt at humour it was well aimed sarcasm, speciality of the house.

I regularly back up and restore using Link. The key is to restore from only backups you actually created with Link.
    Carl Estes and idon12no like this.
    11-26-13 08:42 AM
    Link works with the PB. wow I cant believe people say it doesnt.Frustration with Playbook-screenshot-259-.png
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-26-13 09:11 AM
    Thanks Sea Warrior. That's what I have found as well. The Sad Old Man says different though.

Zed 10 via CB10
    yw...
    11-26-13 09:18 AM
    It wasnt a corny attempt at humour it was well aimed sarcasm, speciality of the house.

I regularly back up and restore using Link. The key is to restore from only backups you actually created with Link.
    i tried that once,,, i lost all my progress in Galaxy of Fire, AFTER i finished it, & also Need for Speed,,, those are looong games to finish,,, still haven't re-finished them...
    11-26-13 09:21 AM
    Link works with the PB. wow I cant believe people say it doesnt.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (259).png 
Views:	133 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	224401
    I already know I've been using it for months but thanks anyway.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    11-27-13 09:55 AM