Hi

I have just got a blackberry playbook for Xmas. The idea was I would be able to watch movies when travelling.

I have tried various converters and found that Freemaker seems the easiest to use and seems to rip the dvds. The problem I have is that when I go on desktop manager to transfer to my playbook it says sync was not sucessful as the file format is not supported. When converting I choose the playbook profile, and it appears to of converted it to MPG4 which I thought was supported by the Playbook.

Does anyone have any ideas to help?

Thanks in advance
    Steve
    01-01-13 02:36 PM
    first off, are you sure that when you use the freemake you choose to convert your DVD to Playbook format?
    Secondly, you may wish to transfer your converted movie from your pc to your playbook using the wifi file sharing feature.
    01-01-13 04:31 PM
    Can't you just drag them to your PlayBook without using DM? Just drag and drop or use wifi file sharing.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-01-13 04:31 PM
    Bb desktop, files, device, videos. Click and drag
    01-01-13 09:03 PM
    Can't you just drag them to your PlayBook without using DM? Just drag and drop or use wifi file sharing.

Yes, that's what I do and it works perfectly. Just make sure to put the file in the correct folder.
    01-01-13 09:31 PM
    Connect playbook to your computer and drag the mp4 files to playbook video folder once it shows up as an external drive. I have copied over many such files after converting and view them when traveling.
    01-01-13 09:42 PM
    Hi

Thanks for the help. I have just copied another DVD using the playbook profile on Freemaker. I draged and dropped into my video file and it transfers to the Playbook. I am able to see the video file on the playbook but it still wont play, it just shows length of video 0:00 and when i try and play it it says format not supported. I am probably missing something here and it is driving me daft...lol
    01-02-13 03:49 PM
    Steve, are you sure you're converting in the proper format? And, are you picking up the right file (not just the title screen) from your PC? Did the video file show up properly (i.e. 1 gig or whatever) on your PC? Like others, I've used Freemaker numerous times without problems. Another issue could be copy protection if the DVD was created from a downloaded movie.
    01-02-13 04:20 PM
    Steve, are you sure you're converting in the proper format? And, are you picking up the right file (not just the title screen) from your PC? Did the video file show up properly (i.e. 1 gig or whatever) on your PC? Like others, I've used Freemaker numerous times without problems. Another issue could be copy protection if the DVD was created from a downloaded movie.
    Hi

Thanks I have managed to get the dvd there were 2 titles showing both 1 hr 25 I have tried the other title and now it works. How do you get it to play in full screen through I seem to be bits from each side missing
    01-02-13 04:31 PM
    If you are converting to the PlayBook format (not one of the other RIM formats), you might check the settings in the drop down box (sorry, I'm not looking at it right now) to make sure they weren't changed from the BB PlayBook default. Also, I experienced some degredation when I converted directly to my PB, instead of converting to my PC and then dragging it over to my Video folder on the USB-connected PB.
    01-02-13 05:01 PM
    Hi

Thanks I have managed to get the dvd there were 2 titles showing both 1 hr 25 I have tried the other title and now it works. How do you get it to play in full screen through I seem to be bits from each side missing
    Unless you want to distort the image, stretched to fill the screen, you will have either missing bits or if you zoom or enlarge, some stuff will be off the top and bottom. In other words you canNOT really made a 2x5 rectangle (for instance) larger without some tradeoffs. It you make it wider without making it taller, the images will be wider (persons, fatter). It you expand in both directions, something might flow off the top/bottom of the screen.

But while viewing a video, you can use two fingers pulled diagonally to enlarge if you wish.
    01-02-13 06:03 PM