Ever since I updated to 1.0.5.2304 I have had problems with my PB freezing up on me. It has happened bridged and not bridged, on wifi, without wifi and teathering. I never froze up one before the most recent update.

What happens is that I will be doing something and the screen will suddenly become completely unresponsive to touch. It shows whatever I was doing at the time, but is completely unresponsive and cannot be unfrozen without a hard reset (pwr and the two vol buttons).

Ever since the update I have had to reset six or eight times in the past day.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I also noticed that - sometimes - the browser (not the bridge browser, the regular one) doesn't "fully" close. By that, I mean that I close the browser by swiping up and the browser window disappears, but the icon remains faded and I can't open the browser again. The same thing happens with the mail application too - I close my mail, but can'r reopen it because the icon is faded (yet the bridge is still connected).
    06-09-11 02:49 PM
    I had issues with Bridge Freezing. I ended up Security wiping and re-installing .2304 fresh. Solved my issues.
    06-09-11 03:06 PM
    Had it hadden to me once so far the other day.
    06-09-11 03:07 PM
    Same..random freezing bridged and unbridged.

Deleting browser cache froze.

Bridge bbm froze.

Had about 5 random freezes since the new update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 03:11 PM
    I had a lot of that yesterday. After i ran the mini-update that showed up after deleting those A=Hol Mal and Yahoo it seems to have stabilized. Seems odd, not sure why that would do anything, but so far, so good.
    06-09-11 03:33 PM
    same here, freezes a couple of times during the day.
    and it doesn't really matter what apps i'm running. that's the most frustrating part about the freezing. (and the need for a hard reboot ofcourse)
    06-09-11 03:38 PM
    i also keep getting notifications that mapapp and air hockey have available updates, although neither does. i can c,ear the notifications, but they reappear upon a hard restart
    06-09-11 03:40 PM
    i also keep getting notifications that mapapp and air hockey have available updates, although neither does. i can c,ear the notifications, but they reappear upon a hard restart
    I have been getting the air hockey update every reboot too. I've only had it freeze on me twice since the update and both times it unfroze after 10 or 15 seconds. In both instances I had 3 or 4 apps running and they were minimized. Anyway I think I'll delete air hockey and see what that does.
    06-09-11 03:47 PM
    when I spoke to tech support about my debacle (update fried my playbook) he made me reload last night as it was the same version, but new build. woul've been a small update along with refreshing your icons prob.. my 2 cents.
    06-09-11 03:58 PM
    I've had that happen multiple times. I thought it might have been related to a recent app, but I deleted it and still had issues. I probably froze 3-4 times in an hour or two. I've had my PB since launch day and only had 1 freeze prior to this OS. At least I take solace in the feeling that it is two steps forward, one back with this OS.
    06-09-11 07:39 PM
    I had a freeze today as well. first one ever for me.
    06-09-11 08:02 PM
    I had a freeze after installing the new Blackberry News app today.. Was thinking it was because of the app, but after reading this thread I'm not so sure anymore.

Only happened once to me..
    06-09-11 08:07 PM
    I have an unsubstantiated theory. I think the notifications might have something to do with it. I deleted the MapApp, Air Hockey and PhotoFrame Pro. All three indicated updates available, when none was really available. After deleting the apps and another hard reset (because of a freeze) I STILL received the notifications that updates were available for the three apps. The freeze happened as soon as I touched the "!" to see what the notification was. The pull down window "sort of" appeared. By that, I mean it froze in the midst of a "fade in" effect.

Has anyone contacted RIM about the freezing? It really makes my PB unusable at this point. It was boarderline before, but the OS update this week has my PB freezing on me every ten minutes or so of use.

I haven't added or deleted any apps (other than those mentioned above), so I can guarantee that the apps don't have anything to do with causing the freezing.
    06-10-11 07:03 AM
    I had issues with Bridge Freezing. I ended up Security wiping and re-installing .2304 fresh. Solved my issues.
    Similar with me
    06-10-11 07:08 AM
    I've had several freeze ups since the update. It makes no difference what I have running but it happens the most when I have music playing in the background.

I don't use Bridge, have had no recent app update notifications and I've wiped/reinstalled.
    06-10-11 09:37 AM
    did a full security wipe and did NOT restore anything. just started over fresh. MUCH better. no more freezing. notifications work. huge improvement. i guess stacking one update over another eventually caught up. i highly recommend that anyone who has had this since launch do a security wipe and start over from scratch.

edit: notifications for unread email are still inaccurate, but i havent frozen since the wipe and have been using for several hours.
    Last edited by rbenjamin; 06-11-11 at 11:37 AM.
    06-11-11 06:06 AM
    did a full security wipe and did NOT restore anything. just started over fresh. MUCH better. no more freezing. notifications work. huge improvement. i guess stacking one update over another eventually caught up. i highly recommend that anyone who has had this since launch do a security wipe and start over from scratch.

edit: notifications for unread email are still inaccurate, but i havent frozen since the wipe and have been using for several hours.
    Can you post back after a few days after you get all your content reloaded? I didn't notice the freezing for the first couple days under .05. I now have freezing multiple times / day. I have close to 30 GB of content loaded and don't want to go through the wipe and reloading process unless it definitely helps others. Wouldn't be so bad if DM would backup, but like others I can't backup.
    06-11-11 12:32 PM
    Yes I have seen this lockup that requires a reboot and only since the new update but it is rare, and not necessarily related to bridge. I prefer a complete lockup once in a while to what it was before - smaller localized lockups that require you to only close the app. Much more stable now as far as THAT is concerned.
    06-11-11 02:07 PM
    No hard, unresponsive, freezes from the OS for me. I use it a couple of hours a day. I do have occasional crash/quits of some applications, especially the native browser, but at the same rate as before the OS update.
    06-11-11 02:30 PM
    Yes I have seen this lockup that requires a reboot and only since the new update but it is rare, and not necessarily related to bridge. I prefer a complete lockup once in a while to what it was before - smaller localized lockups that require you to only close the app. Much more stable now as far as THAT is concerned.
    Wait, what? You prefer a major OS lockup over the OS acting like it was designed to? I think you're missing the bigger picture. You're not seeing as many smaller crashes because they updated the OS, but the full lockup is NOT by design and is probably indicative of a new issue.
    06-11-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD