It's official. Good news for Canadians.

"With TELUS, you can use your smartphone data plan to connect your tablet to the Internet at no extra charge."

Data Sharing | Tablets | TELUS Mobility
    05-05-11 04:36 PM
    Let's hope the others follow suit! Haven't heard anything to the contrary yet, but it would be nice for them to confirm like Telus!
    05-05-11 04:56 PM
    Awesome!!!

Been playing around with that using Iphone4 and it works great.
    05-05-11 04:56 PM
    This has been confirmed since last year. This isnt anything new.
    05-05-11 05:00 PM
    Why would we have to pay more $$$ to tether our smartphone that we PAY data for? We should be able to do whatever we want with that data, whether it be on a smartphone or a tethered playbook.
    05-05-11 05:05 PM
    Unless you have an unlimited data plan. This plan was grand fathered and tethering cost $8 per MEGABYTE. Founded it out the hard way.
    05-05-11 05:35 PM
    I still can't get tethering to work between my 9800 and Playbook with Telus. Grrr.
    05-05-11 05:38 PM
    Unless you have an unlimited data plan. This plan was grand fathered and tethering cost $8 per MEGABYTE. Founded it out the hard way.
    How much are you paying for the unlimited data plan? It might be cheaper to get one of the new plans if you are going to do a lot of tethering.
    05-05-11 05:42 PM
    You got duped.
    05-05-11 05:55 PM
    How much are you paying for the unlimited data plan? It might be cheaper to get one of the new plans if you are going to do a lot of tethering.
    It's through work and it was a negotiated plan between Telus and the government of Ontario. We (at work) switched data plan to a plan called Cost Assure Data Plan. Every month, you start at the 500 MB data plan cost and if you use more than 500 MB, it automatically bump you to the next highest data plan covering your usage for that month. Not sure if it's available for personal use though...
    05-05-11 05:56 PM
    It's through work and it was a negotiated plan between Telus and the government of Ontario. We (at work) switched data plan to a plan called Cost Assure Data Plan. Every month, you start at the 500 MB data plan cost and if you use more than 500 MB, it automatically bump you to the next highest data plan covering your usage for that month. Not sure if it's available for personal use though...
    Yes, Telus have "Flex Plans" for personal use that work this way.
    I'm on a Voice and Data Flex Plan that starts at 1gb and bumps you up to the next level if you go over. Haven't gone over yet.
    05-05-11 07:36 PM
    I don't see anything that states it is for tethering and not just bridged. Cool comercial though. See the link below:

Data Sharing*|* Tablets*|* TELUS Mobility
    05-06-11 01:24 PM
    Rogers allows free teathering as well, unfortunately for me, Bell does not
    05-06-11 01:40 PM
    I upped mine on Telus from 500mb to the 1gb, remember when tethering your bb to your playbook it will use more mb than your mobile phone when browsing.
    05-06-11 01:46 PM
    I upped mine on Telus from 500mb to the 1gb, remember when tethering your bb to your playbook it will use more mb than your mobile phone when browsing.

As did I.
    And well worth the $5
    05-06-11 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD