] warning not the best of videos but shows the set up of my playbook with a fm transmitter and free sat nav, with the ability to record your trip take photos or voice notes.
    12-13-13 04:20 PM
    Looks good!
    12-13-13 10:27 PM
    Not a safe application. Playbook still closes screen down after 5 minutes, requiring swipe whilst driving.
    12-14-13 03:45 AM
    Yes I agree with you but this was just temporary I am hoping to place it more near the passenger side but still want it so that it can video take a snap etc, I have my own swiping system its called (the bushpig) that's my girlfriend by the way,thxs tony ps the transmitter can now be purchased for as little as 5 of you British pounds, music will stay on without having to swipe is there a way to keep the sat nav open?
    12-14-13 06:05 AM
    You can run another app at the same time (check appnworld) that will keep the playbook awake for the trip, although turning recording on and off would still be a distraction much like eating french fries
    antonio crawley likes this.
    12-14-13 07:11 AM
    Not a safe application. Playbook still closes screen down after 5 minutes, requiring swipe whilst driving.
    I guess you've missed the posts about Snow Stipple's trick for keeping any app alive while running full screen (essentially).
    12-14-13 09:07 AM
    I guess you've missed the posts about Snow Stipple's trick for keeping any app alive while running full screen (essentially).
    Yes, I have seen and tried the method suggested. However the instant you touch the screen, the setting is lost. And this does happen when placing the Playbook in the holder on the dash after using 'Snows' method.
    12-14-13 10:45 AM
    ]Hi Ross Jackson01,

To re-establish the timeout override either repeat the steps in the video found through the link below or try the following:

Image 1: In this case you can use StayOn (free in BB World) as the assisting app. Have your app or website that would normally time out and the StayOn app side by side.

Image 2: Full screen the app you want to have stay open without having to swipe it. In this example a photo. Place two fingers on the left side bezel.

Image 3: Keeping the two fingers in contact with the screen, push onto the screen about an inch.

Image 4: Still keeping fingers on the screen, pull back and off the bezel. This will introduce the assisting app (StayOn) from the far bezel.

Image 5: Left untouched the picture remains on and covers some 90%+ of the screen.

To see what else can work using this, go to the thread for the video link http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...87/index2.html There are also several posts with notes. Ignore my very first post approach as that particular way is too hard to duplicate.
    Attached Thumbnails Free Sat Nav OSMAND-p1010771.jpg   Free Sat Nav OSMAND-p1010772.jpg   Free Sat Nav OSMAND-p1010773.jpg   Free Sat Nav OSMAND-p1010774.jpg   Free Sat Nav OSMAND-p1010775.jpg  

Last edited by snow_stipple; 12-22-13 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added notes to clarify some comments.
    12-22-13 09:04 PM
    The picture is obviously backward - the steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.

And Snow-stipple - still trying to master that technique! (oh, and can you send a bit of fresh snow to our mountains!)
    12-25-13 01:58 PM
    A very happy Christmas also from a very sunny London I travelled yesterday from the north 200 miles+ but was unable to use the osmand satnav. It wouldn't work if I im
    putted a journey of anything above30 miles (not enough processing memory) anyone have any ideas?
    12-26-13 03:44 AM
    A very happy Christmas also from a very sunny London I travelled yesterday from the north 200 miles+ but was unable to use the osmand satnav. It wouldn't work if I im
    putted a journey of anything above30 miles (not enough processing memory) anyone have any ideas?
    How large a map set did you download? What else loaded and taking memory? There is a "memory eater" program that can clean out memory, particularly when Android starts having problems. Did you try rebooting and running it fresh?
    12-26-13 09:02 AM
    just out of interest what keeps the screen awake during video presentations? if its screen activity then surely a scrolling screen should do it.
    12-26-13 08:41 PM