02-08-13 06:02 AM
34 12
tools
    Hey, there, I call it a GEAR!!!
    LOL yeah i couldn't think of that right away so i used the bolt instead.
    03-12-12 03:23 PM
    funny..i cleared history , cache, etc.. and get less now at 445 compared to 485?
    put 'em back .......... lol
    pbmc likes this.
    03-12-12 03:31 PM
    Here's a nice little trick you guys can try, open up 13-15 apps or so, must be all native apps not android apps. Eventually the android runtime will "close" by virtue of the OS. Close all the apps you opened and check your RAM. It should be up to around 650-670. So Kennyliu is correct, the Android shell is running as a background service and what this does is make android apps launch faster. To test this hypothesis, follow the above process and then close all apps, open an android app. You'll notice this time it takes longer to start up the Android app.

Just some observations I made while testing
    derrickps3 and Harryl6134 like this.
    03-12-12 05:18 PM
    Regarding the closure of the Android app, I have capture two pretty meaningless images. After it implodes, if given enough "rest" time (I have also forced it by opening a lot of native apps), Android Player will restart providing these two images. The Android restart occurs withOUT restarting the pb. The second just the logo, will have motion over the bb-kernals!
    03-12-12 06:01 PM
    Had to reboot, all there now. 485mb
    03-12-12 07:29 PM
    Regarding the closure of the Android app, I have capture two pretty meaningless images. After it implodes, if given enough "rest" time (I have also forced it by opening a lot of native apps), Android Player will restart providing these two images. The Android restart occurs withOUT restarting the pb. The second just the logo, will have motion over the bb-kernals!
    Did you notice the free RAM higher than what it usually sits at?
    03-12-12 11:34 PM
    You know, I don't look at free ram all that much. It might help to isolate issues so maybe when Android stalls, I should look at it. I had a lockup today when using SimpleBrowser+. I don't know if it caused it or something else. But I had to hold down the Power Button. No other response.
    03-13-12 01:30 AM
    When I first got my PB over a year ago, with OS 1.X running, I was able to load many apps and when I closed them the memory was released. Now with OS 2.x I cannot load as many apps and when I open new ones, the older app(s) close. I'm lucky if I can run 4 apps at a time. I'm not opening any Android apps. I have WiFi, BT and Bridge running all the time, and Application Behavior (Options, General) is set to Showcase. After I reboot my PB, I see about 565 MB free memory and after not doing anything for about 30 mins, the memory drops to 545 MB. Once I have opened and closed several apps (non-Android), the number of apps I can run at once will drop to ONLY ONE! I close whatever app is still running and checked the free memory at this point. It will be around 100 MB or less. At this point I need to reboot to free memory. Speaking of rebooting, what ever happen to the power icon? OS 2.x has many great features, but the memory management is not one of them. Is there any way or application that will "clean" or free up memory? Is there a way to see what is running or where memory is being used?
    Last edited by cabbnut; 05-30-12 at 01:41 PM.
    05-30-12 01:37 PM
    Same here. Can only open one native app at a time. Unacceptable.
    02-08-13 06:02 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD