I have qualified to win a free playbook (per the competition, BlackBerry - Free BlackBerry PlayBook - Create an App & Submit to Earn a Free Tablet). I applied as a developer during the accepted date, submitted my application before the 2nd of March and got everything completed, and it has just been approved.

I was told I would be sent an email about shipping info for it, but I haven't received anything, only an email confirming my app has been approved.

What's going on? Has anyone received an email asking for shipping info?

I've tried sending BlackBerry multiple tweets, direct messages (@blackberrydev), phone call(s) but I haven't found out anything new yet, except that they need new music for when people are on hold - I don't appreciate being forced to listen to random Mexican music.
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 03-14-12 at 11:13 AM.
    03-14-12 11:11 AM
    When did you get the email saying your app was approved? It took two days between that and me getting the email for my shipping details. (App approved 22nd Feb, shipping details 24th Feb). The email asking for the shipping details was also the email confirming I qualified for the free PlayBook offer. What emails have you got? The one about "first steps to free playbook" and then the email telling you your app was approved? I'd wait a few more days before getting too worried about it.
    03-14-12 12:55 PM
    Try @asaunders
    03-14-12 01:00 PM
    Or wait a few days till they process yours? Surely you were not the only dev to qualify.
    03-14-12 01:24 PM
    Did you get the "first steps to free playbook" yet?
    03-14-12 01:29 PM
    Nope, haven't got the 'first steps' email yet, but I have got:

Dear App World Vendor,

Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that your product 'xxx' is approved and ready to be provisioned for BlackBerry App World. We encourage you to login to BlackBerry App World and click the 'Post for sale' link for the approved product in http://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/, to ensure your product is available in the catalog for BlackBerry App World. Please keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours before your app has propagated into our system.

Regards,

The BlackBerry App World™ Team
    Dear App World Vendor,

Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that release '1.0' of your product 'xxxx' has been approved.

Regards,

The BlackBerry App World™ Team
    I posted it "up for sale" on App World.

Sorry if it seems I'm being rude, or obnoxious, I just really want the free playbook, and want to know whether it's worth continuing to develop my app.
    03-14-12 02:15 PM
    If you didn't get the "first steps" email, you will not get a free PlayBook, sorry. You should have received that email as soon as you submitted your app (maybe a day or two after - certainly before it was approved) if there was any chance of you qualifying for the offer.

EDIT: You must have signed up too late or something. I think you had to create your account before some date in February and then submit the app before the end of February or something like that.
    03-14-12 02:35 PM
    Nope, haven't got the 'first steps' email yet, but I have got:

I posted it "up for sale" on App World.

Sorry if it seems I'm being rude, or obnoxious, I just really want the free playbook, and want to know whether it's worth continuing to develop my app.
    It takes a few days (@least 2, 3 days from the acceptance email to the shipping request one"), however did you make sure to submit your app and selected 2.0 as the minimum operating system supported?
    03-14-12 03:05 PM
    Yep. All the requirements I believe I met.

I was accepted as an App World developer on the 10th of February (the requirement for this was the 15th of February), I set the release version to 2.0.0 ('Tablet: 2.0.0 or higher'), it's available freely, the app was submitted to App World on March 1st (UK time) and approved on March 13th.
    03-14-12 03:16 PM
    It takes 2-3 days after the app approval letter to get this letter:

We�re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer.

To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here.

You�ll receive notification when your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is about to ship. Thanks for the time and effort you�ve invested in creating an app and participating in this offer. Good luck in your app development pursuits!

Warm regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program team

P.S. You are welcome to submit multiple entries for consideration, but only one BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will be awarded per registered vendor in BlackBerry App World.
    03-14-12 03:23 PM
    You need to email TMG Ideas, they're the company handling the free PlayBooks. The email address is on the website for the promotion.

Also, it took me about 4 days between app approval and getting the email asking for my shipping details. Don't panic yet. The absence of the first steps email is concerning though, given you appear to have met all the requirements.
    Last edited by taylortbb; 03-14-12 at 07:37 PM.
    KermEd likes this.
    03-14-12 07:34 PM
    Got the email! Thanks for your help all.
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 03-16-12 at 02:39 AM.
    03-15-12 08:58 AM
    The next issue is how long you have to wait from giving your shipping information until you get the email with tracking number and how long until the PB arrives.
    03-22-12 05:08 PM
    The next issue is how long you have to wait from giving your shipping information until you get the email with tracking number and how long until the PB arrives.
    True, I got the shipping email now it's been longer than 5 days, and they said they have a new "process" to process the deliveries faster now, but I'm still waiting and I'm sure many others are still.

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY grateful for this offer, and this will be great for me to learn more C++ by using the Native SDK, but I still need a device to make epic apps with and test them on.
    03-23-12 06:02 AM
    True, I got the shipping email now it's been longer than 5 days, and they said they have a new "process" to process the deliveries faster now, but I'm still waiting and I'm sure many others are still.

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY grateful for this offer, and this will be great for me to learn more C++ by using the Native SDK, but I still need a device to make epic apps with and test them on.
    Agreed, VERY grateful, but I have been waiting over 10 days for the tracking information email since giving them my shipping address, however I just got this one a couple of days ago:

Hello,

Due to the overwhelming response to this offer, it is taking longer than the projected 72 hours to get the devices shipped. However, we have implemented a new process in order to improve the delivery time, so you can expect your tracking number email very soon. Your order is in our system, and will ship as soon as possible. You will be sent a tracking number at that time.

Kind Regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
    03-23-12 08:38 AM
    Why'd you censor your app's name? I'm interested in downloading it, just because you're a Crackberry community member.

Post the name of your app please!
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-23-12 10:29 AM
    It's dull at the moment, I wanna continue development and make it an epic app before I properly reveal it and try to advertise it. But it's nice to know you're interested though .
    03-23-12 10:31 AM
    Heck yeah. Joined in August, but with several posts. I'm curious what your story is.
    And yes, work on making it epic, epic apps are good.
    03-23-12 10:40 AM
    Oh god, still no email or anything. This new "process" to getting them delivered isn't helping...
    03-26-12 12:15 PM
    My step sons free playbook arrived by Fedex today, its sat on the dining room table waiting for him to get home.

It was shipped on the 21st from Loveland Ohio.
    03-26-12 12:37 PM
    Damn, lucky.
    03-26-12 12:59 PM
    Damn, lucky.
    I'm glad its arrived hes been driving me mad while hes been waiting for it.
    03-26-12 01:03 PM
    So the apps store is now full of apps developed by people that dont even own a playbook. That explains alot.
    fanatical and aburridoz like this.
    03-26-12 04:43 PM
    VMware provides an emulator which is part of the sdk so developers can test there apps.
    avatsaev likes this.
    03-26-12 05:46 PM
    So the apps store is now full of apps developed by people that dont even own a playbook. That explains alot.
    Huh ?

There were Two Playbooks in our household, now we have Three.

Of course we had a playbook when he developed his app.
    03-26-12 06:45 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD