I've heard that T-Mobile detects tethering by looking for non-Android user agents. If this is true, Android tablets should not be detected when tethering. Has anyone tried tethering the PlayBook to a T-Mobile phone without a tethering plan? What about an Android tablet? I've side-loaded Maxthon browser for Android just in case.
    07-26-13 04:54 PM
    There was a time when tethering was free for tmobile phones. But that stopped around 2 yrs ago. As I understand it, tethering is a feature or capability of the phone, not the playbook or any tablet. So if you don't have a tethering plan, you wont be able to tether a Tmobile phone to a computer or to any tablet. But if you have a Blackberry phone, you would be able to tether to a computer or a tablet without any charges.
    07-26-13 05:12 PM
    I've heard that T-Mobile detects tethering by looking for non-Android user agents. If this is true, Android tablets should not be detected when tethering. Has anyone tried tethering the PlayBook to a T-Mobile phone without a tethering plan? What about an Android tablet? I've side-loaded Maxthon browser for Android just in case.
    Install the FoxFi add-on:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.foxfi.addon
    You know the free version cuts off and you have to reconnect, right? The paid version is unlimited.
    07-26-13 06:44 PM
    the new T-mobile plans have internet, and can be used fir WIFI hotspots
    there should be no additional charges to get a wifi connection though the smart phone
    07-26-13 08:28 PM
    the new T-mobile plans have internet, and can be used fir WIFI hotspots
    there should be no additional charges to get a wifi connection though the smart phone
    and bridge has always been free to begin with too
    07-26-13 08:50 PM
    Or root your phone and freeze the tether management app. And tether away no worries
    07-27-13 05:36 AM
    My playbook no longer connects via bridge to z10. No internet and I get the t mobile hot spot page. I used to connect to the internet just fine prior to July 29, 2013

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 03:14 PM
    My playbook no longer connects via bridge to z10. No internet and I get the t mobile hot spot page. I used to connect to the internet just fine prior to July 29, 2013

Posted via CB10
    Reload the os on the PlayBook

I'm a guy Dev. Deal with it.
    08-05-13 05:37 PM