Seriously the nexus 7 2013 is the best tablet to replace the PlayBook. It's cheap so it won't break the bank and have a great screen, great resolution etc. BlackBerry take cues
    On to the next one
    JasW and ute like this.
    07-24-13 01:59 PM
    Seriously the nexus 7 2013 is the best tablet to replace the PlayBook. It's cheap so it won't break the bank and have a great screen, great resolution etc. BlackBerry take cues
    On to the next one
    I remember when it was released, whatching a video review, I thought to myself "oh, so that's Google's implementation of the PlayBook concept - a tablet to work alonside your smartphone and share it's data connection".

I will keep my PlayBook for the time being. We never know what the future holds, eh?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-24-13 02:06 PM
    I don't like its look. the camera position is also weird.
    Only 1 GB ram ? But I thought that Thorsten told us that anything below 2 GB is garbage. another lie ?
    07-24-13 02:06 PM
    The new Nexus 7 has 2GB of RAM. Old Nexus 7 (and PB) have only 1GB.
    07-24-13 02:11 PM
    Only 1 GB ram ? But I thought that Thorsten told us that anything below 2 GB is garbage. another lie ?
    The new one as in 2013? And yeah I wish it would have the same appearance as the PlayBook
    07-24-13 02:16 PM
    My favorite part of the Playbook was just that bridge auto reconnected whenever the two devices were in range. Whenever I picked up my playbook it just worked, basically like if I had the Lte version but I wasn't paying for a second sim. I'm not looking forward to having to enable tethering and manually connect my phone and tablet every time I want to use it, but I don't see a solution to that once I move to anything other then a playbook...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    07-24-13 02:21 PM
    Hey here's a crazy thought.. would it be possible to write a blackberry bridge app for android? So android tablets to connect to our bb10 phones the way the Playbook used to?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:23 PM
    Hey here's a crazy thought.. would it be possible to write a blackberry bridge app for android? So android tablets to connect to our bb10 phones the way the Playbook used to?

Posted via CB10
    You crazy kid

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    FF22 and jamesharmeling like this.
    07-24-13 02:25 PM
    Not likely. It would require inside knowledge of the secret protocol BB uses.

Much more possible is an android bluetooth app that could be used to share an android phone's internet data connection with other android devices, including the N7.
    07-24-13 02:30 PM
    I was looking at this tablet on best buy site today. Looks very interesting. Usb is a great feature
    07-24-13 04:58 PM
    Not likely. It would require inside knowledge of the secret protocol BB uses.

Much more possible is an android bluetooth app that could be used to share an android phone's internet data connection with other android devices, including the N7.
    Then tell me how did people create Desktop Bridge back then?

It was possible. BlackBerry plugged the hole though. Unless they release the API or code it themselves, it won't happen.
    07-24-13 05:05 PM
    The N7 with one GB of RAM is only running one OS not two with multitasking as the PB would have to do with BB10. As noted the new version of the N7 has two GB of RAM. Need for RAM keeps increasing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-24-13 05:20 PM
    Nexus 7-2 supposed to have Qualcomm Snapdragon processor not Nvidia Tegra, the two gb RAM, JB 4.3, and a little better resolution. Nothing earth shattering. Still no front facing camera or HDMI out.Believe me, web browsing is still better with PB (I have the N7).
    07-24-13 05:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking, if you're gonna code a bridge app, might as well code an updated bridge app for PlayBook to BB10 to include full functionalities. Perhaps if it was coded as an app and not "baked in" from the get go, the carriers wouldn't scream so much about it.
    07-24-13 08:59 PM
    Nexus 7-2 supposed to have Qualcomm Snapdragon processor not Nvidia Tegra, the two gb RAM, JB 4.3, and a little better resolution. Nothing earth shattering. Still no front facing camera or HDMI out.Believe me, web browsing is still better with PB (I have the N7).
    There's a front facing camera on the new nexus heck even the old one have it, and HDMI out is handle by slimport in the from of the micro usb connector and an adapter.
    And the screen resolution is a freaking beast. I mean take the iphone screen density and scale it to 7" you'll get the idea.
    07-25-13 02:18 AM
    I think the N7 version 2 has a 2GB front camera and a 5 GB rear camera. It also has a slim port which allows for HDMI out but no sd card slot. Haven't seen a comment as to whether OTG is still supported. It is supposed to be slightly lighter and slimmer than the current N7. The processor is the same qualcom as in the Nexus 4 and the screen should be awesome. But until you get your hands on it ?? But it should be much better than the current model.

anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-25-13 03:04 AM
    07-25-13 03:07 AM
    On the original nexus I think you could get USB OTG using custom roms
    07-25-13 03:42 AM
    On the original nexus I think you could get USB OTG using custom roms
    Stock could get OTG with Nexus Media Importer app. Worked read and write with FAT 32.

07-25-13 03:46 AM
    How can an Andriod table could be the successor of PlayBook by anymeans? I am sure when my current PB dies, I'll get another PB. It matches my needs completely.
    07-25-13 03:55 AM
    At full 1080p with 323 pixels, N7-2 has the highest DPI of any tablet on the market...the screen is soo much better than the N7 and there are TWO cameras on this version. Good luck browsing on the Playbook
    07-25-13 03:58 AM
    How can an Andriod table could be the successor of PlayBook by anymeans? I am sure when my current PB dies, I'll get another PB. It matches my needs completely.
    Sure...if you can find one of those chunky suckers
    07-25-13 04:04 AM
    I've been waiting long and patiently for this new N7 so I can replace my PB. I'll be picking one up the day it hits the retail shelves. Best 7" tablet of them all right now. I'll likely be getting a chromecast to go with it
    The new Google Play Games looks really cool too
    07-25-13 07:49 AM
    There's a front facing camera on the new nexus heck even the old one have it, and HDMI out is handle by slimport in the from of the micro usb connector and an adapter.
    And the screen resolution is a freaking beast. I mean take the iphone screen density and scale it to 7" you'll get the idea.
    Sorry, mistyped. Meant rear facing. Well, if N7-2 does have rear facing and HDMI out it would be nice. Seems like when these options are added, it jacks the price up. I just had my N7 and PB side by side streaming youtube video. I actually prefer the brightness/contrast of the PB to the grainy N7 video. So I guess to each their own.
    07-25-13 08:01 AM
    Sorry, mistyped. Meant rear facing. Well, if N7-2 does have rear facing and HDMI out it would be nice. Seems like when these options are added, it jacks the price up. I just had my N7 and PB side by side streaming youtube video. I actually prefer the brightness/contrast of the PB to the grainy N7 video. So I guess to each their own.
    The N7-2 has the best display you can get on a 7" tablet now. There's no price hike, it's the same price as the original n7 when it launched
    07-25-13 08:07 AM
47 12