I never noticed this addition before the 2.1 update so I apologize if this is old news
    10-04-12 11:26 AM
    It's new in 2.1

It was there with no the Beta's too.
    10-04-12 11:28 AM
    do you recommend we do this? does it require a password once its encrypted?
    10-05-12 05:11 PM
    It doesn't require an extra password, as it's tied (effectively) to your regular password. The feature appears to be pretty much entirely transparent. I've been using it for months on my 2.1 beta unit, and have not noticed anything different (specifically worse) as a result of using it. In fact, for all I can tell from what I've seen, it's fake! ;-) (No, I don't seriously believe it is...)
    10-05-12 06:30 PM
    It doesn't require an extra password, as it's tied (effectively) to your regular password. The feature appears to be pretty much entirely transparent. I've been using it for months on my 2.1 beta unit, and have not noticed anything different (specifically worse) as a result of using it. In fact, for all I can tell from what I've seen, it's fake! ;-) (No, I don't seriously believe it is...)
    Peter what is the advantage to using Encryption?

Hope you don't mind me asking .... it's just that I know you know your stuff!!!
    10-05-12 06:36 PM
    What does it do - since the device is already password protected, how does the encryption do anything else? Or can you leave the device UNpassworded and then encrypt data/files?
    10-05-12 06:55 PM
    When I worked for sprint a customer encrypted his contacts nothing was changed on the device, it all looked the same on the phone, but trying to get the contacts to another device was unable because of the encryption. Maybe when u try to take contacts and stuff like that data wise u won't be able to read it on a computer or another device. That's the only thing that comes to mind...
    10-05-12 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD