So, I know we don't have a file browser yet...but I accidentally ran across something...

Open your browser and type:

file:

It seems to me this would be the file structure of our Playbooks....
    Technerd.McLeod and rjkolo like this.
    04-22-11 03:22 PM
    was snooping around in file://apps and saw a bridge bbm, got excited and tried to open it but it doesn't work
    04-22-11 03:27 PM
    oooo nice find!
    04-22-11 03:27 PM
    how do you bypass google or other search engine?
    04-22-11 03:29 PM
    type the following exactly

file:
    04-22-11 03:30 PM
    Looks like a unix structure, can we SSH into this thing?
    04-22-11 03:38 PM
    Looks like a unix structure, can we SSH into this thing?
    Considering QNX is a Unix based real-time OS, I'd expect it to look like unix! that'd be interesting to be able to ssh into it. (typing on my playbook, I need my autotext!)
    04-22-11 03:46 PM
    Good find, now to figure out how to get rid of that stupid Paradise Cove song
    04-22-11 03:48 PM
    i like it
    04-22-11 03:54 PM
    nice...would like to hack my device when i get it!
    04-22-11 04:00 PM
    If it helps, /accounts/1000/shared/music.

It seems the track is an m4a, and resides in the main music directory, not buried in some obscure system folder like i had originally feared, so in theory, it is removable. The sample video follows the same logic, but at least we can delete that easily
    04-22-11 05:30 PM
    You can SSH into it, provided you install the SDK and run the "blackberry-connect" utility to open up the SSH port first. It's a non-trivial procedure for anyone who hasn't done some sort of development and/or used SSH before.

The userid you'll connect as is "devuser", and permissions are severely limited. You'll have access to the shared/ folder tree, but little else that matters other than from an educational point of view. You will not be able to see into individual app folders or their own data storage.

Visit the "Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR" development forums on supportforums.blackberry.com to learn more if you're interested. Please search diligently before asking questions.
    04-22-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD