Being in Canada, our prices on the magnetic rapid charger and the dock charger are totally out of whack with our American counterparts. On Amazon.com I have seen the chargers go for $25 these days but on Amazon.ca, you'd be lucky go get them to break $40 (there is one listing for $39.99) and that doesn't include shipping charges. That's on the cheap end too for if you buy from Futureshop.ca, thesource.ca or BestBuy.ca you're paying full price at $79.99. Ya - not going to happen.

Anyhow, I found a reputable eBay seller (99.5% positive rating out of 2410 transactions) who I bought my magnetic charger from for $29.99 with free shipping to the USA and $4.00 shipping to Canada. He ships to Canada and the USA. Here is his listing:

wirelessemall | eBay

I have no affiliation with this person, but rather I am sharing it here with you because I had a satisfactory purchase with them and felt this was a decent deal for us Canadians. FYI, shipping times took 10 days to get here to my province.

These are retail boxes that are sealed and unopened just as if you were buying them from a store in person. There is a 30 day return policy and of course, PayPal covers your purchase if you run into trouble. He has sold 481 of them to date and has listed more than 10 on hand (that's the limit that ebay listings can show).

Hope this helps you out and saves you some coin...
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-29-12 11:52 AM
    You still might face duty charges and or fees. Always try to buy from a retailer that's in your country. You missed an early sale on the desk chargers. Got mine local pickup for $18 Mississauga, On. The deals on the rapid chargers have been few and far between.
    10-29-12 12:01 PM
    You still might face duty charges and or fees. Always try to buy from a retailer that's in your country. You missed an early sale on the desk chargers. Got mine local pickup for $18 Mississauga, On. The deals on the rapid chargers have been few and far between.
    It is doubtful that there would be any duty. Worst thing would be sales tax, so an additional 3 or 4 bucks. He's still ahead.
    10-29-12 12:09 PM
    Actually I see he does USPS shipping which means it comes across the border to Canada post, so 90% of the time you won't get charges at all. If they do charge you it will be $9.95 handling fee plus HST. It used to be $7.50 but I see that they are trying to make Canada post self funding Canada Post - Customs handling fee changes this is very reasonable compared with what UPS and the others charge... something like $35 plus HST! As they are changing to try and cover costs, I wonder if they'll get stricter on charging every time.
    10-29-12 12:12 PM
    Yeah the $10 broker handling fee is almost always there. Phone built in the US and Canada are duty free but I don't know if that applies to accessories.
    10-29-12 01:43 PM
    I didn't get charged any extra fees in my case. That's not to say someone else won't. But I have been lucky with my US purchases. In fact, I have had two purchases over $100 and then I have been nailed with duties. Once on a Columbia winter jacket and once on a polished metal grill for my car. Regardless, in Canada right now (and for the last month) the prices are still much better than forking out $79.99 + 5% GST = $83.98 total. Crackberry's is on sale right now for $44.95 + shipping and GST so I don't know how much that works out to as I don't know their shipping rates.

Anyhow, this is still a better deal in my opinion.
    10-29-12 02:45 PM
    I regularly purchase items from ebay that shipped from US. T shirts, ear phones, cases and jackets for my devices including Idapt 4 charger from the UK and have never been charge tax on them.
    10-29-12 02:48 PM
    I regularly purchase items from ebay that shipped from US. T shirts, ear phones, cases and jackets for my devices including Idapt 4 charger from the UK and have never been charge tax on them.
    after many foreign purchases, I have found that the trick is to always always request that it is shipped via post. Couriers, such as Purolater, will ding you big time for brokerage fees.
    10-29-12 03:52 PM
    after many foreign purchases, I have found that the trick is to always always request that it is shipped via post. Couriers, such as Purolater, will ding you big time for brokerage fees.
    You are right about that - UPS is particularly bad - long list of extras added to cost. But try and find details of what they will charge on their site. Fedex expensive too. Only way to go is USPS unless you are close to border and can have courier shipments to a border depot like Kinek.

I have bought many items from USA and even China. They either get left in my mailbox or I just go to PO and pick them up. No charges. Years ago tehre were, but it seems they are not bothering with small shipments these days. Same at border. I go pickup some large car part worth $100s - just wave me through!
    10-30-12 04:37 PM
    10-31-12 08:10 AM
    With an $18 coupon, scored a Dock Charger from Office Depot for $5.27 !!!
    Doc Neutron
    11-02-12 04:20 PM
    My comment in this thread was to help Canadians save some cash on the chargers...I realize those of you in the USA can get crazy deals - $14.00 and $5.27, lucky you. But up here, we're getting shafted in comparison...
    11-02-12 06:51 PM
    Shafted! Except for that screaming $118 deal on a 32GB PB a few weeks back, available only to Canucks. Oh yeah, that.
    11-02-12 07:16 PM
    Being in Canada, our prices on the magnetic rapid charger and the dock charger are totally out of whack with our American counterparts. On Amazon.com I have seen the chargers go for $25 these days but on Amazon.ca, you'd be lucky go get them to break $40 (there is one listing for $39.99) and that doesn't include shipping charges.
    I actually just bought it through Amazon.com (the US site) for about $17. But to be fair Amazon US is selling it for $32, I bought it through a seller that is "fulfilled by Amazon", but if you buy it from Amazon, it is $32 (last week, when I bought it, it was $40 through Amazon). You can see it on the right hand side under "other buying options". I do agree that stores in Canada charges some outrageous prices for everything, especially since the money is about even now (sometimes worth more, sometimes less, but about equal the last I checked).
    11-02-12 10:55 PM
    But as they mention via the media every so often, be aware of the counterfeit market. Loooow price quite oft' counterfeit or 'fell off a truck' !
    11-03-12 12:36 AM
    Shafted! Except for that screaming $118 deal on a 32GB PB a few weeks back, available only to Canucks. Oh yeah, that.
    Yeah, that makes up for everything else.
    11-03-12 07:56 AM
    I'm in Canada and purchased the magnetic charger (not the dock) from Crackberry for half the retail price. In fact I bought two of them and got free shipping. Perhaps not the lowest price, but it made me happy at the time! .
    11-03-12 09:42 AM
    Wow, you clearly have some reading comprehension issues don't you? We ARE talking about magnetic chargers and dock chargers in this thread after all. Did you miss that part in my first post? Getting a $118 deal from Walmart on a PB is an exceptional deal on the tablet. It didn't last long though and I didn't get to pay that price either thank you very much as I had already bought in at $149.99 with a free leather sleeve which I still think was a very good deal mind you. But the accessories are way overpriced compared to the USA. That's my point.
    11-03-12 10:33 AM
    But as they mention via the media every so often, be aware of the counterfeit market. Loooow price quite oft' counterfeit or 'fell off a truck' !
    This is a good point. Once, off of eBay, I bought a replacement battery for the 9810. It was a complete knock off, right down to the hologram sticker on the side - which just so happened to not be as vibrant. I contacted them through eBay and filed a complaint. They offered to refund me 75% of my money. The battery did and still does work well but it was just the fact that they were trying to pass it off as a legit RIM product that pissed me off. I never did try to contact RIM about a counterfeit product. I am not even sure if there is an easy way to report things like that to them...

My mag charger does appear to be legit and it works well. I would buy another from this seller in future if I needed to.
    11-03-12 10:39 AM
    Don't know if this helps, but just bought this one for under $14 at Amazon

Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Charging Stand for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

cannot be shipped to Canada
    11-03-12 06:57 PM
    I need bb playbook scream (8"). pls tell me d amount n cost of bring it to nigeria(lagos,Ikeja)
    09-20-13 05:38 AM