Hi All,

I'm looking for a forum browsing app, but it seems there aren't any in App world (i'm UK based).

I've heard of Tapatalk, which sounds like it may be on the US Appworld, but I can't search/download that.

I use BoardExpress on my windows phone, but again its not available on Appworld.

Is there currently ANY forum browsing software available for the playbook ready for download? I don't mind paying obviously, but Im not really interested in converting APKs etc etc. I could manage to load a bar file if necessary.

cheers
    tev
    04-01-12 04:43 AM
    Hi All,

I'm looking for a forum browsing app, but it seems there aren't any in App world (i'm UK based).

I've heard of Tapatalk, which sounds like it may be on the US Appworld, but I can't search/download that.

I use BoardExpress on my windows phone, but again its not available on Appworld.

Is there currently ANY forum browsing software available for the playbook ready for download? I don't mind paying obviously, but Im not really interested in converting APKs etc etc. I could manage to load a bar file if necessary.

cheers
    tev
    Tapatalk is in development afaik but you can use the android version and convert it. Tapatalk v2beta5 has been release the other days for android so am going to request one of the guys to convert it for the PB community.

Watch this space.
    04-01-12 05:13 AM
    Btw Tapatalk bar file should be here once the new beta5 is converted

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook...-apps/?did=904
    04-01-12 05:40 AM
    I recall seeing Tapatalk on App World before, priced at $4.99. I did not purchase it since I had one already sideloaded, but it appears it's gone now?
    04-01-12 06:35 AM
    The beta version for android are free at present. The author afaik will be compiling a new version of Tapatalk for blackberry once a few projects are out the way. If you click on he link I provided thanks to Koz have the new beta5.bar done for android player.

If you goto the Android application sideloading forum on Crackberry you will see how to import the bar file into your playbook using BBHTOOL to import to the PB.
    Last edited by Toxic17; 04-01-12 at 07:44 AM.
    04-01-12 07:22 AM
    its working

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-01-12 07:46 AM
    I sideloaded beta 4 but can't view any forums? I have some accounts setup, but none will launch!
    04-01-12 04:22 PM
    I was having troubles with the Beta 4 as well, I couldn't add my credentials. I'm not familiar with Tapatalk at all, but am pretty tech-literate, but just couldn't figure it out:/
    04-01-12 04:29 PM
    Okay. Could anyone enlighten us? Lol
    04-01-12 04:37 PM
    I've been using tapatalk 2 with the last three betas. what probs do you have? maybe I can help

04-01-12 06:26 PM
    its working

I uninstalled it as with almost all android apps it either didn't work at all or worked very poorly and crashed at the most inopportune times.
    04-01-12 09:17 PM
    from what I have learned and experienced myself is the ones with the most stable android players are the ones thst did a security wipe before 2.0. it is very buggy no matter what. I just roll with the punches. PB is just a toy for me. should never cause stress

04-01-12 10:18 PM
    I've been using tapatalk 2 with the last three betas. what probs do you have? maybe I can help

Ok I have a list of accounts (they are labelled 'guest' underneath as I can't work out how to supply credentials) and when I highlight one nothing happens. How do I actually connect to the forum to read it? I double tap and a message flases up (something about connection or something) then disappears and leaves me at the same 'accounts' list.

04-02-12 05:42 AM
    To me, TapaTalk represents everything that is wrong with the Android App Player for PB. Here is a compelling application that actually makes life easier - and yet the experience of running it on PB OS 2.0 is incredibly frustrating.

Just a minute ago I had the app lock-up the Player when I inadvertently hit the "Web View" option from the swipe-down menu. Had to reboot my PB to unfreeze the player.

Now imagine if I had other apps running alongside it in the Player - I could kiss any unsaved data, etc., goodbye.

It's this sort of half-baked implementation flakiness that keeps me from investing in Android ports and pining for native versions that I can at least close reliably without having to reboot the entire device.

We need an Android Player VM reboot option yesterday!

RCK
    Last edited by rkennedy01; 04-02-12 at 06:42 AM.
    04-02-12 06:37 AM
    I've just had another go trying to display the forums and still no joy. What am I doing wrong?!
    04-02-12 09:00 AM
    first thing that would try is to delete the app, restart playbook and then sideload again. rule that out first

04-02-12 04:39 PM
    I've just had another go trying to display the forums and still no joy. What am I doing wrong?!
    Tevez!!

I downloaded beta 5 from goodereader.com, works like a charm. Interesting thing...it forces portrait mode, which beta 4 did not for me. So before you update, try launching 4 and switching to portrait mode and see if maybe using landscape was hiding the log in box.

Wow Tapatalk is AMAZING. How did I ever survive without it. Haha.

04-03-12 02:51 AM
    Tevez!!

I downloaded beta 5 from goodereader.com, works like a charm. Interesting thing...it forces portrait mode, which beta 4 did not for me. So before you update, try launching 4 and switching to portrait mode and see if maybe using landscape was hiding the log in box.

Ok thanks. Just arrived at work now.. so will dash home at lunch! Certainly didn't see any login box on mine. I was getting 'Failed to connect to forum' errors all the time.

Tev
    Last edited by TEVEZ032; 04-03-12 at 03:33 AM.
    04-03-12 03:22 AM
    Tevez!!

Runs fine in Landscape on my PB.

RCK
    04-03-12 04:20 AM

RCK
    What screen is the login box on then? It's not much help posting 'works fine here' without elaborating on how you are getting the thing to work!
    04-03-12 04:21 AM
    aha! beta 5 seems to have fixed all! Many thanks to those who contributed

tev

04-03-12 06:26 AM
    A picture is worth a thousand words, so...here's 3K worth (see attached).

Note: Not sure why it works, it just does. Didn't have to do anything - it auto-rotates when I change the PB's orientation.

RCK
    04-03-12 06:29 AM
    A picture is worth a thousand words, so...here's 3K worth (see attached).

Note: Not sure why it works, it just does. Didn't have to do anything - it auto-rotates when I change the PB's orientation.

RCK
    Cheers dude. I wasn't even getting that far on Beta4. the last prompt I would get was the 'logging into <blah>, check credentials are correct'. I pressed ok and nothing happened. With Beta5 I get the message, then it actually connects like it's supposed to.

happy days
    04-03-12 06:51 AM

RCK
    Weird stuff with mine, you're right, landscape works, but I have landscaped locked on always and when I installed the beta 5 it went portrait. Weird, it works fine now in both modes though.

Ok thanks. Just arrived at work now.. so will dash home at lunch! Certainly didn't see any login box on mine. I was getting 'Failed to connect to forum' errors all the time.

Tev
    I think beta 5 will fix all your issues!

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 11:24 AM
    Do you receive a pop-up message every time what says that version is out-of-dated? It is really annoying...
    How can I shut this thing off?
    04-21-13 07:55 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD