While it is clear the OP was just being cynical, it highlights the real problem, which is that people are being brand loyal to a company that seems not to really care much about their needs. Proper IMAP support anyone? Loyalty discounts for people who bought in at $499? Delayed OS, a dearth of apps.

It just goes on and on. I was also blinded by the underdog status. But I tell you with outsourcing to india and everything else, RIM is sure happy to throw us under the bus. So the OP makes a valid point that we should probably start heeding.
    11-21-12 09:15 AM
    I just like BB
    Hgouck likes this.
    11-21-12 02:05 PM
    When I bought mine two months ago, I had no idea that it ran Android apps nor did I know anything about sideloading. I have an Android phone so I was not expecting the Playbook to run anything android. However, since sideloading was easy and I learned how to do it, I sideloaded a few apps that I use daily and am happy with. However, I would have been happy with the Playbook no matter what. If you took those apps off my playbook today, I would still love this tablet. I bought it after doing tons of research and was happy with what it was able to do right out of the box.
    Hgouck likes this.
    11-21-12 02:12 PM
    My problem with PB is not so much of the lack of apps, but rather ALL apps are so poorly executed that it really takes fun out of using it.
    11-21-12 05:17 PM
    When I bought mine two months ago, I had no idea that it ran Android apps nor did I know anything about sideloading. I have an Android phone so I was not expecting the Playbook to run anything android. However, since sideloading was easy and I learned how to do it, I sideloaded a few apps that I use daily and am happy with. However, I would have been happy with the Playbook no matter what. If you took those apps off my playbook today, I would still love this tablet. I bought it after doing tons of research and was happy with what it was able to do right out of the box.
    I did the same thing and that is way I have always been happy with my PB and what it does
    11-21-12 06:22 PM
    My problem with PB is not so much of the lack of apps, but rather ALL apps are so poorly executed that it really takes fun out of using it.
    I guess we all have differing experiences - I guess my main issue is the lack of Kindle support - which is probably a status thing with the PlayBook and it's OS in the tablet market space.

As I run Kindle on my Android tablets and an actual Kindle device, having a reasonably current version of Kindle app for the PlayBook is the only way I'm going to be happy reading ebooks on the PlayBook - and as the only version unoffically available to use, is quite a ways behind the current Android and Kindle device version and functionality, it's of no use to me (whispersync support missing / incomplete).

Other things I'm quite happy with - in fact the native video player I find very good - if only it had bookmark support, it would be perfect for me. Seems to perform well and seems to support more of what I throw at it than MX video on my Android tablets.
    11-22-12 03:48 AM
31 12