...just upgrade / update...

1. Browser
    2. File Manager
    3. Video / Picture viewers
    4. YouTube App
    5. Text selection / manipulation pins
    6. Skype
    7. Add BBM if you have budget...

I'd be happy with the above 7 upgrades, especially since most apps were developed with AIR. I'd even settle with just a Browser upgrade, as it's the only app outside of messages that keeps this tablet relevant. Our tablet is too unreliable to be used as a business tool, so lets update the consumer applications, and move on.
    dphjeff, hreiner1 and nappp like this.
    05-27-13 02:23 PM
    I wouldn't say that the PlayBook isn't a business tool but I will agree with the upgrades you have listed.
    KDB84, hreiner1 and Toodeurep like this.
    05-27-13 02:55 PM

1. Browser
    2. File Manager
    4. YouTube App
    6. Skype

I'd be happy with the above 7 upgrades, especially since most apps were developed with AIR. I'd even settle with just a Browser upgrade, as it's the only app outside of messages that keeps this tablet relevant. Our tablet is too unreliable to be used as a business tool, so lets update the consumer applications, and move on.
    Your humble request aside, BB10 on the Playbook is the natural evolution for this new OS. Do you really want another disjointed situation like Googles android/chrome mess, or Microsofts desktop/tablet/phone OS mess. The best chance for BB10 to reach its potential is to unify all devices under one OS and show off how BB10 makes the most of each.
    05-27-13 03:15 PM
    Believe me i found out that I can not rely on the PB
    emailed pdf files do not open
    Doc and docx files do not open when emailed
    can not start the native and bridge browser
    can not start Evernote
    I have a PB 64gb with 40+gb empty
    very embarrassing when in meetings
    a lot of missing apps from banks and investment houses
    inferior apps compared to IOS
    we always have to do some workaround
    try to take a picture and mail it immediately over WIFI
    sync with blackberry device manager slow and awkward, does not remember setting
    I have a 25,000 contacts database, no way to sync them from Outlook to the PB
    so much for the business tablet

1. Browser
    2. File Manager
    4. YouTube App
    6. Skype

Bakamushi and obvobv like this.
    05-27-13 07:36 PM
    can not start Evernote
    have you tried using BBlink??? it works w/ playbook,,, after the last update, i was able to do a backup in abt 1/2 the time of dtm...
    05-27-13 09:09 PM
    I open PDF and Doc files on a daily basis. Invoice customers through the Bridge app. Use SkyDrive and Evernote from my PlayBook ect. I understand that the PlayBook isn't perfect and for from it.
    Sounds to me that you need to purchase an IPAD!
    hreiner1 and KDB84 like this.
    05-27-13 09:19 PM
    I believe BB10 will not function properly on the existing playbook.
    05-27-13 09:53 PM
    This is an urban legend. It would function fine on the playbook.
    Carterbits, mmarco and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    05-27-13 11:09 PM
    Easy to do, if you know how.
    hreiner1 likes this.
    05-27-13 11:26 PM
    I believe BB10 will not function properly on the existing playbook.
    The official version pushed through by BlackBerry will function. Your looking at people trying to manually load the phone's version onto their highly secured PlayBook. User installed BB10 will not function (as of yet, people have come pretty close).
    MasterOfBinary and KDB84 like this.
    05-28-13 01:43 AM
    DLNA is always forgotten....because not a lot know what i can do...but it is a part of BB10 and I want it to come!!!
    Toodeurep and KDB84 like this.
    05-28-13 04:12 AM
    Browser, Keyboard, Bridge, Remote File Access, (DLNA for kraschute), BB10 Apps; please.
    kraschute and Toodeurep like this.
    05-28-13 10:24 AM
    can not start Evernote
    Agreed. A lot of apps routinely fail for no apparent reason. It's frustrating. My official Box app loads with an error message everytime.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:38 AM
    please explain me
    I can only attach it to an email

Easy to do, if you know how.
    05-28-13 12:25 PM
    please explain me
    It's easy to attach a photo to an email to send. What you don't use, though, is either the PB's stock camera app or it's stock File Browser. What you do use, is the android Camera app, which is already loaded on your PB as part of the android runtime. All you need is a way to access it. There are a number of ways to access android Camera, using Ghost Commander, Quick App Manager, or the sideloaded ES File Explorer, but probably the easiest way is through the app "Gallery for Blackberry Playbook", which is in app world and is not really an app but is more a launcher for the android Gallery app (again, already loaded on your PB). To launch the android Camera app, open Gallery and tap on the camera icon in the top right corner.

Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130422.jpg

This will launch android camera. Here, take your picture. A thumbnail will appear in the top right corner of Camera showing the picture you just took.

Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130424.jpg

Tap on the thumbnail. This will take you back to Gallery with the picture showing fullscreen. Also showing will be a toolbar at the bottom.

Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130425.jpg

Here, tap on "Share", then in the pop up box select "Messages"

Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130426.jpg

Messages will then open in the compose view with the pic you just took attached.

Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130427.jpg

All you need to do then is enter the recipient's address and then hit send. So, to sum up, take the pic, tap on the thumbnail, then tap share, then tap messages, and you're ready to send.
    Attached Thumbnails Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130422.jpg   Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130423.jpg   Forget about BB10 on playbook...-img_20130425.jpg  
    05-28-13 06:21 PM
    Troll? Looking at your other posts....
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-28-13 11:39 PM
    please explain me
    Instead of having to resort to using an Android app or apps, I would try a native file manager. They are higher quality and since they are made for the PB, it tends to be much smoother and easier (IMO). I know Files & Folders can send a photo in just a few steps. Just open the app, select the "camera" folder (right on the first screen when opened), select the photo (option to show thumbnails if easier) and hit send to. I think there is a trial for the app, and just so you know, its the only app I use for file management, so I don't know about the others.

BB10 should have it (whenever that OS is finally released to the PB), but OS2.1 should really have had that option built in.
    05-29-13 02:29 AM

1. Browser
    2. File Manager
    4. YouTube App
    6. Skype

You can resolve the first three yourself.

1. Browser - get Fast Browser
    2. File Manager - get Files & Folders
    3. Video / Picture viewers - get KalemSoft Media Player

There ya go Blackberry, we've taken care of nearly half of the the list.
    Surely you can take care the other four on your own.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    05-29-13 04:26 AM
    Jeez, what has happened to this great forum I so much enjoyed for the expertise many share the obsession with the BB10 feels like some mass hysteria...almost every second post in any thread is about to BB10 or not to bb10.

As if the PlayBook suddenly lost its current value and usefulness for which most of us - at least most posting here - were ready to defend the tablet against its competitors. I, for one, have long ago figured out what I need from my PB and what it can do with flying colours and where I need to rely on my other devices. I simply don't see the need to whine to the world and create an avalanche of self-indignant tantrums EACH and EVERY time my PB touches the limit of its OS design or computing capacity. Sorry, folks, but the mass whining reminds me a bunch of immature cry babies who never understood what they paid for and that everything has it's age and limits...

If the BB10 comes to PB, great, it will continue to 'squeeze' performance out of the tablet's aging hardware which was ahead of its time. If not, the world will not end. I will continue to use my aging PB while looking around for a replacement and, yes, out the RIM kingdom, if I feel they let a loyal customer like myself, down.

But whine I will not b/c I know I paid only $200 and did not expect it to fly me to the moon.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-29-13 04:45 AM
    rational_mind:

Your handle seems well deserved.

I'd suggest some of the ranting/whining could be attributed to the nebulous statements coming out of rim/bbry. It has driven some to distraction. Further, some have mentioned it - at its advanced age, the PB does not really leave much to talk about. We still have the occasional newbie looking for help or advice on apps. Then the clogged arteries of some pb's are causing problems generating some requests for help. The rare new app can help the gang with something positive to say or just something to say.

We shall see what rim does or does not bring but so far they still have about 7 months to give us an uplifting performance.
    BerryClever and dphjeff like this.
    05-29-13 08:36 AM
    I agree with F2 statement.
    BlackBerry send out a mass e-mail today at 10:12 about BBM for everyone. It would be nice if they could do that to let us PlayBook users know where we stand in the future. Or was the statement tablet will be dead in five year our answer. BlackBerry could stop the Ranting and whining just by telling us what's going on with the PlayBook.
    05-29-13 11:31 AM
    installed Gallery
    it does not attach the picture to the email
    Thanks anyway

It's easy to attach a photo to an email to send. What you don't use, though, is either the PB's stock camera app or it's stock File Browser. What you do use, is the android Camera app, which is already loaded on your PB as part of the android runtime. All you need is a way to access it. There are a number of ways to access android Camera, using Ghost Commander, Quick App Manager, or the sideloaded ES File Explorer, but probably the easiest way is through the app "Gallery for Blackberry Playbook", which is in app world and is not really an app but is more a launcher for the android Gallery app (again, already loaded on your PB). To launch the android Camera app, open Gallery and tap on the camera icon in the top right corner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130422.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	166287

This will launch android camera. Here, take your picture. A thumbnail will appear in the top right corner of Camera showing the picture you just took.

Name:	IMG_20130424.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	166289

Tap on the thumbnail. This will take you back to Gallery with the picture showing fullscreen. Also showing will be a toolbar at the bottom.

Name:	IMG_20130425.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	166290

Here, tap on "Share", then in the pop up box select "Messages"

Name:	IMG_20130426.jpg 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	166291

Messages will then open in the compose view with the pic you just took attached.

Name:	IMG_20130427.jpg 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	166292

All you need to do then is enter the recipient's address and then hit send. So, to sum up, take the pic, tap on the thumbnail, then tap share, then tap messages, and you're ready to send.
    05-29-13 08:00 PM
    installed Gallery
    it does not attach the picture to the email
    Thanks anyway
    It should. The last screenshot I took is what resulted after I tapped "Share" and then "Messages". Messages opened in the compose view and the pic was attached, as you can see (IMG_20130528_182351.jpg). What it will not do is attach to an email that you've already started- it will only start a new message with the pic attached. Try it again, this time with Messages closed before starting and see what happens.
    05-29-13 08:34 PM
    No need for File Manager update, just get Files&Folders - it's fully featured and can connect to all the cloud storage services that I am aware of: skydrive, google drive, box.net, dropbox, sugarsync.

Yes, Skype would be really nice, as would be the Eye-fi app (the one that allows you to receive pictures wirelessly from a wireless SD card in your camera -- it would work really well on a large capacity Playbook)
    06-21-13 09:29 AM
    No need for File Manager update, just get Files&Folders - it's fully featured and can connect to all the cloud storage services that I am aware of: skydrive, google drive, box.net, dropbox, sugarsync.

Yes, Skype would be really nice, as would be the Eye-fi app (the one that allows you to receive pictures wirelessly from a wireless SD card in your camera -- it would work really well on a large capacity Playbook)
    I've SIDELOADED the Eye-fi Android app. It works but can be slow and a bit fiddly to set up.
    06-21-13 10:59 AM