I'm trying to understand the Bridge network connection a bit better with respect to the way it uses BIS and BES services.. I know that when I use the Citrix Receiver in my Torch 9800, it is smart enough to connect to my company's internal servers through BES, so it all works with no problem. When I try to connect from the Playbook version of Receiver with wifi turned off, however, it seems to go through BIS instead of BES and is therefore unable to connect to our internal servers.

If I use the Bridge Browser, of course, I am able to browse our internal websites, but I need to make a network connection through BES instead of through BIS to make the Citrix client connection possible, as opposed to just browsing a website.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the Playbook to use the BES connection instead of the BIS connection?

This would be a big help! Thanks!
    terminal_x likes this.
    09-13-11 04:14 PM
    wait for the "pas" (playbook administration service), and native pim. then you will have bes directly linked to your playbook.
    09-13-11 07:42 PM
    i didn't think we had a choice. My BB is activated on my MDaemon BES and because the current release version of MDaemon doesn't support MDS-CS quite fully yet, the Bridge Browser doesn't work until a future version.
    09-13-11 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD