Playbook won't let me send to my work email or even add it to the address book.

The address has a "-" (dash, hyphen) in it and Playbook seems to consider that a forbidden character even though it work's fine on all other platforms.

Is there a workaround for this?
    Has anyone else had issues where Playbook won't allow a valid address because of certain characters?

Any help would be appreciated.
    08-26-12 11:19 AM
    I just added a user to my contacts with test-user@test.demo and test-user@po-test.demo and they added fine.

Of course,they are fictitious so sending them resulted in a delivery error but they did send (using Hotmail).
    08-26-12 12:02 PM
    Works fine sending from my Playbook to my work e-mail which has a hyphen in the address.

Si.
    08-26-12 12:10 PM
    Try a reboot
    08-26-12 01:36 PM

The address has a "-" (dash, hyphen) in it and Playbook seems to consider that a forbidden character even though it work's fine on all other platforms.

Has anyone else had issues where Playbook won't allow a valid address because of certain characters?

Hi Y

Sorry to hear about your problem, other people were complaining about the same issue about 6 months ago

Strange, as my company's domain name has a hyphen in it (eg my email address) and I have never had a problem (and my sister's email address has a hyphen within the name part, and have never had a problem with that either)

Suggestion: try the three re-boot options, attempting to put in the hyphen each time

Good Luck

Alex
    08-26-12 03:58 PM

Do you have another email account on the PB that you could try sending it from?

If not - create a new account and see how you go.
    08-26-12 07:56 PM
    Hi Y

Sorry to hear about your problem, other people were complaining about the same issue about 6 months ago

Strange, as my company's domain name has a hyphen in it (eg my email address) and I have never had a problem (and my sister's email address has a hyphen within the name part, and have never had a problem with that either)

Suggestion: try the three re-boot options, attempting to put in the hyphen each time

Good Luck

Alex
    Excuse my noobishness.
    What three reboot options?
    08-30-12 07:14 AM
    To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    08-30-12 10:02 AM
    ...Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown...
    Hard reboot only requires Power and VolDown. Much easier than hitting all three.
    08-30-12 11:30 AM
    Hard reboot only requires Power and VolDown. Much easier than hitting all three.
    I've seen that mentioned before. Is it the same as the contortionist 3-finger reboot? Is this a change in some OS or was it always possible?
    08-30-12 01:07 PM
    Re-booting has no effect. It still won't consider this a valid email address if it has the hyphen.
    10-19-12 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD