Hi all,
    Just a quick question, I've put Season 1 of a sitcom of my PB, is there any way I can have all the episodes in one folder, right now my video app is just a mass of episodes & I've another 9 seasons to add.

thanks
    Colin
    07-01-13 04:41 PM
    Not with the internal video app nor using any internal file manager. ( would potentially amend that - maybe using the browser, you can get to a folder and then play videos from there - I have not checked in a while - to do so, open Browser and type "file:///" (no quotes) into the address bar and navigate into the pb's file system)

Kalemsoft and, is it, video playlist can work using folders. Also, some 3rd party File Managers can navigate to folders and can open videos using the native video app within their framework.

Kalemsoft also has the ability to be able to play file types with audio (and video???) coding, known as codecs) that can't be opened using the native video app. It is not cheap by some measures but worth it for quite a few folks.
    07-01-13 05:10 PM
    You can create sub-folders in your Videos folder. Ghost Commander (an android file manager in app world) is good for creating sub-folders and then for moving your videos into them. There are other file managers that will also work for this- some might recommend Files and Folders but it is not good for moving videos around. Anyhow, even if you do create sub-folders, this will make no difference in the way your vids appear in the Videos app. There are a few media players that can see your PB's folder structure- Kalemsoft, as noted by F2, is one, Video Playlist is another (I haven't used it), Auto Play Media Player is another. All are paid apps in app world. A free app which sees the PB's file structure is mVideo Player, but it needs to be sideloaded.
    07-01-13 08:15 PM
    You can create sub-folders in your Videos folder. Ghost Commander (an android file manager in app world) is good for creating sub-folders and then for moving your videos into them. There are other file managers that will also work for this- some might recommend Files and Folders but it is not good for moving videos around. Anyhow, even if you do create sub-folders, this will make no difference in the way your vids appear in the Videos app. There are a few media players that can see your PB's folder structure- Kalemsoft, as noted by F2, is one, Video Playlist is another (I haven't used it), Auto Play Media Player is another. All are paid apps in app world. A free app which sees the PB's file structure is mVideo Player, but it needs to be sideloaded.
    Where do you find mvideo player? Just looking and I don't see bar file.
    07-01-13 10:22 PM
    Where do you find mvideo player? Just looking and I don't see bar file.
    http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/42672/a..._v1.0.36.0.bar
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-13 10:41 PM
    Dowload an app called AIR Browser from BlackBerry World to create folders. Name them and drag and drop.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:52 AM
    Folder question-img_20130591.jpg AIR Browser

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:54 AM
    There are quite a large number of ways of creating subfolders, including just hooking up to a computer and using its Explorer type function to create New Folders.

The real issue as I read into it is that the native video app does not recognize subfolders when displaying video files. The pb indexes all of its files from everywhere on the pb and presents them in a flat all-in-one-view. I recall the first time I had these small video files with odd names. They were the video files from my digital camera that I had accidentally copied over into the Photo folders (actually, the Photo/Picture app does use subfolders for Albums). They showed up and played in the Video app even though they were not in the video folder.

Bottom line, to organize video files, you need an app that respects your organization. Similarly, pdf reader can use folders so you can create subfolders for pdf files, like Work, Church, Home, school and find them more easily. Again, you can create the Folders by many methods but the app needs to be able to use those subfolders.
    07-03-13 09:35 AM
    Another app that sees the PB's file structure (though it can't access the android folders) is Local Media Player, which is free in app world. It's native and has the added benefit of being able to play flash video- which Videos can't. The one drawback is that navigating in a video (jumping forward or back) is a relatively slow process.
    07-03-13 01:07 PM