Hey guys,

I'll actually buy the Playbook but i need to know one more Important thing that nobody was able to test for me so far:

Can the Playbook play Videos like this:

GameStar Video: Server Down Show Folge 152 - Argo Online

fluently?

My Galaxy Tab does not altough it can play flash. It is an embedded Flashvideo but I don't know which resolution it uses. My target is to use it exactly for episodes like that embedded in different Homepages.

Can anybody pls check this Video and if videos like that play well?

Thx in advance.
    05-01-11 10:39 AM
    Going to go on my PB and play it right now. Will update this post with my results.

Update:
    No it doesn't play that well. It will for a bit, then it stops, and it like jumpy. The sound is fine, unless the whole thing stops, but the picture is like.. Glitchy? I don't know how to describe it.

Update2:
    If you let it load before playing it, it seems like it would be fine. I'm going to let it load a bit more and see how it is.
    It can play without stopping but the picture still seems glitchy, unless that's how it's supposed to be. Or maybe, from reading the posts below, my PB just sucks at flash? Lol..
    Last edited by McStoner; 05-01-11 at 10:52 AM.
    05-01-11 10:43 AM
    It played, I watched about 45 seconds of it and it played fine.
    05-01-11 10:46 AM
    i'm looking at it right now
    05-01-11 10:46 AM
    Going to go on my PB and play it right now. Will update this post with my results.

Update:
    No it doesn't play that well. It will for a bit, then it stops, and it like jumpy. The sound is fine, unless the whole thing stops, but the picture is like.. Glitchy? I don't know how to describe it.

Update2:
    If you let it load before playing it, it seems like it would be fine. I'm going to let it load a bit more and see how it is.
    It can play without stopping but the picture still seems glitchy, unless that's how it's supposed to be. Or maybe, from reading the posts below, my PB just sucks at flash? Lol..
    No your right, I went back to it and sure enough the video quality on mine became really jerky once people got in the video. The animated intro ran perfectly smooth so i figure the rest would have also, but thats not the case. It's weird I never seen a flash video behave like that.
    05-01-11 10:58 AM
    well i do not understand it... i had the same issues with my galaxy tab...first starts of finde...sound always okay, picture not even with OC Processor possible. But somehow i see videos of it playing youtube 1080p fluently... my galaxy wasn't even able to do that.

The other thing is there is no microSD slot... well at least I heard that there is no filesize limitation as for the Galaxytab (FAT format). What about apps that stream in your homeserver (like upnp...) Somebody ever tried that?

I really woul'd like to enjoy my h264 material over wlan.
    05-01-11 11:04 AM
    PB is awesome for all other flash videos I have tired. I'm not sure what is wrong with that video. But its different than the other flash videos out there. I'm sure its the video/site and not the devices running it.
    05-01-11 11:14 AM
    PB is awesome for all other flash videos I have tired. I'm not sure what is wrong with that video. But its different than the other flash videos out there. I'm sure its the video/site and not the devices running it.

I'm almost positive you are right. After reading your post, I tried on my Mac and sure enough, it was the exact same. I don't have sound on my computer, since my brother broke that but the picture was the exact same.
    05-01-11 11:19 AM
    works perfect...just have to let it load first.
    05-01-11 11:21 AM
    @mpjheating:

Pls try to fully load it and then play it. You'll see the picture is not really fluent.

edit: do not only watch the intro...wait till they start to talk. If it really works after buffering, I'd be happy.

BTW: is there an app to stream from your upnp homeserver? I mean is it somehow dlna certified?
    05-01-11 11:26 AM
    Works fine for me. Like some videos, the estimation of read ahead buffer is a bit too optimistic but if you pause it and wait for it to get there, it plays just fine although the website has so many other flaws it seems like it's not worth the effort.
    05-01-11 12:42 PM
    Problem is the enormous size of the video. i think the bitrate is so high that a tablet cant keep up.
    Im assuming this because ive converted hundreds of videos and when bit rate is higher than a device can handle the sync is lost.
    05-01-11 12:51 PM
    Works fine once you let it buffer for about a minute.
    05-01-11 12:56 PM
    It isn't working very well on my PC in Firefox (won't fast forward into unbuffered part, and oddly, only allows me to fast forward to about the 80% mark of the buffered part). Also buffering is very slow after the first couple of minutes (on a 15 Mbps cable modem connection). So I'd agree with the above that this is a bit of a torture test for a tablet
    Last edited by MisterMe11; 05-01-11 at 01:01 PM.
    05-01-11 12:59 PM
    Yup - it and Firefox did not get along - or it is my dsl connection but after my desktop failed with extended buffering and stuttering, I did not even bother on the tablet which would use the same dsl connection.
    05-01-11 01:22 PM
    This video doesn't even play fluently on my gaming pc... Something is wrong with the host or the video itself.
    05-01-11 01:30 PM
    The buffer is too slow even on a PC, so that particular video would not be enjoyable on a tablet of any brand, unless you fully download the video first.
    05-01-11 02:31 PM
    the video was choppy on my playbook also, any other flash sites that are good for testing?
    05-01-11 02:50 PM
    work fine for me as well
    05-01-11 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD