I was curious if anyone was able to let a flash site that is supposed to be able to access a webcam, have access to either of the cameras on the playbook?

I wasn't sure if maybe there is a setting somewhere that would allow it, but for the life of me I can't find it, so i'm thinking its probably a wait on a future update.

If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it.

Thanks
    05-03-11 09:40 AM
    I was curious if anyone was able to let a flash site that is supposed to be able to access a webcam, have access to either of the cameras on the playbook?

I wasn't sure if maybe there is a setting somewhere that would allow it, but for the life of me I can't find it, so i'm thinking its probably a wait on a future update.

If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it.

Thanks
    I know I have tried adding a picture with a webcam to Facebook and it didn't work when the device first came out. I would assume this build is the same but I could see it allowing flash to access it in the future, alt least I would hope so.
    05-03-11 09:42 AM
    I googled and found that there are several flash sites that can access your Playbook camera. Darechat.com is one of my favorite flash sites. Camfrog is the best one and ivideochat.com was purchased by Camfrog.com. We are bound to see Camfrog available via Web browser soon.
    11-26-12 01:03 AM
    Yes, websites using flash can access the PB cam & microphone. On a chat website I like to use, there is a button in the lower right corner of the chat window:

Flash sites having access to the camera?-air_20121126_00000.jpg

After I click on it, this dialog window pops up.

Flash sites having access to the camera?-air_20121126_00001.jpg

When I tap "allow", boom, the PB cam & mic work fine.

I realize this is an older thread, but Im3Arl bumped it and I thought I'd chime in and confirm the point.
    im3arl and DC506 like this.
    11-26-12 09:56 AM
    Would you mind sharing that website? PM me please.
    Thanks in advance.
    11-26-12 11:47 AM
    AOL's video chat works well on the Playbook.

AV by AOL - Let's video chat!
    im3arl likes this.
    11-26-12 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD