Since updating to OS2, I've experienced the hang-on-startup issue. That is, when booting up, the pretty swirling blobs would swirl forever--or, until I did a hard reboot and tried again. After several tries, the Playbook would finally boot up successfully. I did not have this problem with Beta OS2; but it came with the official release. I debricked and restored programs, but the problem was still there. Subsequent updates of the OS did not help.

Well, per a suggestion here, I did another debrick, reloading the OS; but, unlike before, I did not restore the backed up applications. The problem is now gone-knock on wood. I'm going to re-install my applications one by one, to see which one is causing the issue, and will report here on whatever I find.
    BuzzStarField and BB_Bmore like this.
    05-19-12 05:46 PM
    Were you, perhaps, a very neat, organized person? Did you place many of your apps in Folders and did you ONLY HAVE FOLDERS on the main DOCK? ONLY Folders on the dock has been implicated in slow, very delayed or NO startup. The Dock is the first line/row of icons.
    05-19-12 06:26 PM
    No, I did have a half dozen games in a games folder on the main desktop; but, otherwise, no folders, and no folders on the top line (the one that stays while the screen scrolls). I did have the Kindle reader on the top line.

Since my first post, I have re-installed the Android Kindle reader, and so far, everything still works--i.e., no hanging while booting so far, knock on wood. I'll re-install the other applications, to see if at some point the Playbook starts hanging.
    05-26-12 01:30 AM
    I find that playing games makes changes to settings that do not go back to their normal settings afterwards unless I do a reboot. If I don't do a reboot I notice lots of small irritating glitches creeping into the PlayBook operation. Games tend to push the OS envelope and always have as far back as the late 80's and early 90's
    05-26-12 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD