I had long abandoned my Playbook and refurbishing them for others when a family member got me to buy them one on ebay. It was supposed to be good. However it would not take a charge. So I started the stack charge routine of years ago, no luck. Red light then battery icon with lightning bolt, then green light and then Fail, back to red light and repeat...overnight, same result. I gave up.

But then I remembered I had an old water damaged PB that would charge but the screen was bad. I thought... what if there was enough juice still left in the circuitry on the water damaged motherboard to kick the bad battery into gear on the newly acquired PB? So I swapped motherboards.
    The newly acquired motherboard is working in the waterdamaged PB! Security wipe in progress!

As for the dead battery PB...

Well sorry to leave you hangin' but I don't know for sure yet. BUT the green light is flashing!

Sorry if everyone already knows about this possible solution. I had never thought of it before when I used to refurb PBs...

Posted via CB10
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    03-03-16 11:47 PM
    SUCCESS! Dead battery is revived and charging!

Posted via CB10
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    03-03-16 11:54 PM
    Congrats! Glad to hear that
    Although I have never owned nor tried a PlayBook, they do seem to be pretty interesting devices

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-04-16 12:04 AM