I had called RIM regarding this issue. It would not let me activate two tablets we had at our store. Even after a hard reset.

Turns out, the PIN had been block on their end (they had told me it was placed in a "not shipped" status, so it was not active.

I had to take pictures of the inside of the empty playbook box (with the serial number and pin in it) and send the original receipt (mine was from a supplier, yours can be from the retailer)

They then reactivated the serial numbers and all was well.

No idea what the cause is, but it turned two unhappy coworkers into happy ones. I had to work my way up to third level support for that answer.
    03-30-12 03:40 PM
    Thanks, and sort of off-topic, but so awesome to see a fellow Manitoban partly responsible for snes emulator. Thank you so much for working on this. Made me love my Playbook so much more!!!
    03-30-12 04:55 PM
    Heh, you're welcome. Go Manitoba go!
    Princepia likes this.
    03-30-12 04:59 PM
    I hope yours are not those stolen Playbook batch.. Either way, its activated so enjoy your phone!

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 03-30-12 at 08:36 PM.
    03-30-12 08:28 PM
    It was from a reputable supplier, it would have been solved regardless. I did have them check, and they were not.
    03-31-12 08:05 AM
    I had called RIM regarding this issue. It would not let me activate two tablets we had at our store. Even after a hard reset.

Turns out, the PIN had been block on their end (they had told me it was placed in a "not shipped" status, so it was not active.

I had to take pictures of the inside of the empty playbook box (with the serial number and pin in it) and send the original receipt (mine was from a supplier, yours can be from the retailer)

They then reactivated the serial numbers and all was well.

No idea what the cause is, but it turned two unhappy coworkers into happy ones. I had to work my way up to third level support for that answer.
    I also have this problem, can you please give me the email add to whom I can send the unit's serial number so that they can activate also my unit
    04-30-12 07:04 PM
    Well, it's good to know that RIM can "control" whether or not a PB is operational. Would be a neat advertising plug, where if a PB is lost or stolen, one call by the owner to RIM of the lost in space status of his PB renders it useless to the thief or person who "finds" it and decides to keep it.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    04-30-12 08:06 PM
    I also have this problem, can you please give me the email add to whom I can send the unit's serial number so that they can activate also my unit
    You may have to call

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    KermEd likes this.
    04-30-12 08:55 PM
    You may have to call

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Email: [email protected]

Playbook French Support
    Thanks a lot
    04-30-12 10:27 PM
    i am new user of blackberry.i have bought a blackberry playbook 32 gb brand new boxed yesterday.well i am having some issues to activate it.after opening/starting it. accepting the terms and condition and successfully connected to wifi.
    first error. 3000. "can not activate the playbook because of error 3000"

2nd, error.2012. can not activate.....

3rd, 132353 error. can not activate..... restart or change settings.

well from yesterday to till today i have been tried to hard reset,updated its software.the errors are same.Might be (seen on some forms) this book is stolen and have been blocked in uk and can not be activate.
    well can this book activate and work out side of uk? Any ideas??
    if it is not stolen or having some issur as rim server issue or something else.if it is having some issue in activating or is there any way to sort it out?
    Please guide me. Thanks for help.,
    07-26-12 08:55 AM
    Try another wifi location if you can. Library, cafe, etc.

If the problem persists for another day, you might want to return it for a new one or:

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

Playbook French Support
    goldedition likes this.
    07-26-12 11:24 AM
    I had a problem with my 64GB Playbook and sent it in for repair. They sent me back a different S/N and when I attempted to activate it, I received the (132353) error. After speaking to a RIM engineer, it was brought to my attention that the S/N was not completely married to the Blackberry PIN and therefore the tablet could not be registered. Unfortunately, I have to wait a total of 48 hours while the RMA team clears up this mess. Meanwhile, I'm without my favorite electronic device. Until order is restored, looks like I will be forced to read an actual paperback book.
    08-20-12 09:50 PM
    I stay in INDIA (NOIDA) . After repeated problem with charging port, I was given a new playbook. When I started the same, it showed - COULD NOT ACTIVATE THIS TABLET (132353).

When I took it back to the authorised service centre, they told me that they no longer are the authorised service centre and a new one has to be contacted (in the same city). They don't have the requisite software nor able to tell me what to do; Yet they are the authorised service centre for all blackberry products.

I am clueless now. What to do and where to take the playbook?

DMR PANDA; 9650992364
    12-26-12 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD