I have had my PB - 32G since day one. I am a die hard BB fanboy and have had almost every device since the 957 (mobitex). I am enjoying the PB as my paper note book replacement, as I don't want to print documents and reports for meetings anymore. Like every new toy I have been wanting for more ever since I got it, with more functionality with the OS, more Apps and better BB integration.

My greatest want is for more OS functionality:
    1. Updates to fix my WiFi stability and GPS issues.
    2. Control over the font and text size in all applications.
    3. The micro USB port support memory sticks and other USB devices.
    4. A functional file manager that allows me to access all of my files on the PB and BB.
    5. Auto Text and Spell check.
    6. Wifi/Bluetooth Printing

I like the BB bridge app and look forward to improved functionality and hopefully full control over all apps and files installed on the BB.

I have a lot of faith in RIM and have seen them improve the BB OS since version 2.5. This is the next generation of OS and I know that we will see rapid improvement over the next few months. Like everything it will seem like it takes forever, however it will be here before we know it.

RIM should implement a user input product ideas forum as this is a new OS and an opportunity for a new approach.

What improvements do you want from the OS.
    sf49ers likes this.
    04-27-11 06:10 PM
    I'm surprised you left out text/BBM capability. ln my opinion, that would item #1.
    04-27-11 06:23 PM
    I'm REALLY looking forward to
    Portrait mode speed optimizations and text anti alias
    04-27-11 06:24 PM
    Some additonal things not mentioned that I'd like:

1. Ability to organize browser bookmarks
    2. Some more native first party applications
    3. Continue working on bridge (browser speeds, etc)
    04-27-11 06:43 PM
    Just to continue the list:
    1. Portrait orientation in pictures app.
    2. Fix bugs with vertical video.
    3. Make the Keyboard Language button (world icon) an option in the main options menu, versus a button. i accidentally hit this all the time...
    4. Fix bugs with application crashes. Camera app causes Browser to crash sometimes.
    04-27-11 06:54 PM
    If somebody can make an ad-blocker to remove flas ads, I'd be happy as a clam.
    howarmat likes this.
    04-27-11 07:15 PM
    ad block would do wonders with the small screen the PB has
    04-27-11 07:18 PM
    ad block would do wonders with the small screen the PB has
    true, but I guess it's a bit of take the good with the bad I'd prefer to have flash than not
    04-27-11 07:20 PM
    ads are part of the "full web experience"

and yep, i like having the option for flash on my devices, dont always need it but atleast i have it
    04-27-11 07:29 PM
    true, but I guess it's a bit of take the good with the bad I'd prefer to have flash than not
    Flash for web content, sure. Flash for annoying ads, no! A proper ad blocker will get rid of the annoying ads only, and doing so will give an added bonus of loading pages faster.
    04-27-11 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD