What was it? Now, I know as time progressed, MANY things sell you on it now. There are literally hundreds of reasons at this point why I love this device, and it has become (to me) just as important as my PC. I do too many things on it and it has now become a part of my personal data (like my wallet!)

But, the very FIRST thing that attracted me personally was the SIZE. I have owned a few Android tablets (even up to the Asus Transformer Prime...which I recently SOLD) and I was never at all comfortable with the size of these tablets. Very annoying to me to either have to set it down or hold it in one arm and type. Even before I tried QNX (I purchased the PB *blindly*...never even having sampled it) I was so very curious as to the size and how efficient it would be with typing.

Man, this is the PERFECT size! I am a true thumb typing champ! I can pump out sentences nearly as fast as typing on a normal keyboard...and it is so darn good. The Playbook has seriously spoiled me with the size, because now I feel I can never go back to the large/clunky 10 inchers again.

Well, just wanted to hear what was the very first thing that attracted you to your Playbook!
    rotorwrench and irvc.666 like this.
    03-12-12 10:02 PM
    Extreme Tablet Portability.....7" and it was a BlackBerry
    raymond and glassofpinot like this.
    03-12-12 10:04 PM
    Nothing at first since i didn't really needed an tab, i'd just bought it and tried it out and now i love it..
    03-12-12 10:04 PM
    It was a BlackBerry. Short and simple.
    raymond, eds817 and blackberryfan7 like this.
    03-12-12 10:05 PM
    The ability to bridge it to my BB!
    03-12-12 10:09 PM
    Size and the fact it was BlackBerry.
    raymond likes this.
    03-12-12 10:10 PM
    Ah yes. Remembering way back to the PB launch i had totally forgotten about the 'one data plan serves all' feature. Thanks for the reminder PK!!

Now i just reach for my PB and there the internet is. Period. Wifi or bridge it requires no thought or action on my part.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    03-12-12 10:13 PM
    You know, I want to do this so badly. Unfortunately I went with an Android phone (Evo 3D) before I was even aware of how great the Playbook was. Now I am only a few months into a two year contract with Sprint...and I have to wait it out in order to upgrade....or of course pay the full outrageous cost of a BB phone through them. I'm po'ed at that...but maybe I can save up and do it anyway...ugh.
    03-12-12 10:14 PM
    It was a bb screen bigger then my phone and so more compact then a laptop. So happy I asked for it at Christmas.
    03-12-12 10:17 PM
    I agree with pkcable... since I already had a 9800, the bridge feature was the kicker,and then the size sold me. Then of course I upgraded my phone for the OS 7. Now it is a part of me and go everywhere together.
    Awesomeness!
    glassofpinot likes this.
    03-12-12 10:17 PM
    It was a BlackBerry.
    raymond and bbmme like this.
    03-12-12 10:19 PM
    First, the initial price cuts. Secondly, the ability to bridge along with OS 2 in the near future (as of last November).
    03-12-12 10:20 PM
    1) BlackBerry
    2) Size
    raymond likes this.
    03-12-12 10:21 PM
    The price, plain and simple. At 499, it wasn't worth the price. At 199, I can live with missing features and apps.
    03-12-12 10:22 PM
    The price i was about to pay for my PlayBook from shopblackberry with using a coupon code during Black Friday. $189 shipped, SOLD !! Everything else is gravy.
    03-12-12 10:25 PM
    1. Build quality
    2. Size
    3. Price
    ranchlizard likes this.
    03-12-12 10:29 PM
    Size and price caught my attention, specs sold it. Can't rewind, gone too far. Addicted.
    03-12-12 10:31 PM
    Size and again BB bridge. I really am digging it :-)
    raymond likes this.
    03-12-12 10:34 PM
    It wasn't made by the other fruit company. Also, FLASH!
    raymond and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    03-12-12 11:01 PM
    1) Price
    2) Size
    3) Specs

Not necessarily in that order but the tremendous value specs for price is wow!
    03-12-12 11:10 PM
    Ok now i like it, it's all about the same above ^^.
    03-12-12 11:14 PM
    For me it was the bezel, os navigation. After a few days I was finding it hard to go back to my phone.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    03-12-12 11:16 PM
    For me it was the bridge. i could incorporate my bb phone9650 with my tablet. i always thoughti would want a 10 inch tablet, but the7 inch bb playbook size is perfect. i love the bb bridge. Makes reading my email so much easier. i love the fact that i dont have to worry about an internet connection, with bb bridge you are up and running. i always have my bb playbook with me.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    03-12-12 11:16 PM
    The size (7-inch form factor) and BlackBerry Bridge (connectivity anywhere, anytime) tie as the first thing that drew me to the BlackBerry PlayBook because in all seriousness I had no need for a tablet...or so I thought at the time.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    03-12-12 11:23 PM
    The price, plain and simple. At 499, it wasn't worth the price. At 199, I can live with missing features and apps.
    Your criteria for tablet selection should have immediately told you a small chalkboard and chalk like children use is all you need. Low price and plenty of "missing apps." All in good humour my friend.
    03-12-12 11:28 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD