So I believe I may be getting a playbook for christmas from my family! Just a hint, but a very strong hint..

So I've been reading all around these forums and there is so much I would like to do right away if I get it!

But I would like to ask the community what I should do first for my playbook!

I am quite techy savvy so I'd be able to handle an update to O.S 2.0, whatever beta we're at, or I'd take a swing at DingleBerry'ing it!

I would like your opinion though!
    12-24-11 04:32 PM
    First thing you do is thank your family for being The Best!!
    Tules likes this.
    12-24-11 04:36 PM
    First thing you do is thank your family for being The Best!!
    Agreed! Hugs all around!
    12-24-11 04:37 PM
    I was in 2 minds about getting a PB, when earlier today I saw the price was 169 at PC World so I finally ordered it! Will be picking it up on Boxing Day and also was also in a very similar situation to the above poster! Also what are the "must-have" apps???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-11 04:39 PM
    Yes I asked for one too. I guess charging it up would be a much needed first thing. I think I am getting a used one from my sons workmate who didn't find it useful for him. If I don't get one I will be a bit down as I hinted pretty strongly I wanted one, or at least think I want one. Home I find some use for it as well.
    jigga2 likes this.
    12-24-11 04:42 PM
    I am not all that tech savvy but I would LEARN as much about the ins and outs,before messing with anything else.
    All I want is smooth and easy.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND VERY HAPPY NBEW YEAR.
    12-24-11 07:03 PM
    1st thank all around. 2nd visit http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/ . It is a great place to start,
    Merry Christmas
    Tules and jafobabe like this.
    12-24-11 07:07 PM
    But I would like to ask the community what I should do first for my playbook!
    First, plug in the wall charger and boot-up the tablet so you can proceed through the setup wizard. Nothing else can be done until the tablet has been through the initial configuration process. Oh, be certain you have WiFi access before attempting the initial configuration.
    12-24-11 07:18 PM
    i would download the free app called "discover now"; it's basically a video tutorial for your playbook...should have come pre-installed but oh well; it's there if you want it.
    12-24-11 07:42 PM
    Thank you all ! I'll be looking forward to tomorrow ! Merry Christmas to all!
    12-24-11 09:10 PM
    1st thank all around. 2nd visit http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/ . It is a great place to start,
    Merry Christmas
    Now, that's good advice!
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-24-11 09:14 PM
    As a proud Playbook Beta tester since day 1, my advice would be to buy a calendar and circle any day in February and pray they actually get OS2 right. You will be the proud owner of what could be the greatest tablet but has been bungled since day 1 by RIM. It is good, but still buggy.
    12-24-11 09:16 PM
    i would download the free app called "discover now"; it's basically a video tutorial for your playbook...should have come pre-installed but oh well; it's there if you want it.
    Research In Motion offers a collection of tutorial videos for the BlackBerry PlayBook
    12-24-11 09:26 PM
    Research In Motion offers a collection of tutorial videos for the BlackBerry PlayBook
    that's the same thing as the "discover now" app except the app is better organized and there is no buffering involved.
    12-27-11 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD