Hello all

I'm about to receive my first PB this week (crossing my twenty fingers)
    I want to charge it well, so the battery will last longer.
    So how long should I let my PB charge the very first time before I start playing with it?
    6 hours? Less? 12?

Thanx for your feedback
    02-07-12 03:09 AM
    I am pretty sure you don't need to do anything other than make sure it is fully charged.

You will need to plug it in straight out of the box whilst it does the initial set up and loads the mandatory update, which takes 15/20 minutes.
    LeKeiser likes this.
    02-07-12 03:47 AM
    I'm about to receive my first PB this week (crossing my twenty fingers)
    I want to charge it well, so the battery will last longer.
    So how long should I let my PB charge the very first time before I start playing with it?
    6 hours? Less? 12?
    Seconding the other comments: Lithium-Polymer batteries, which the PlayBook has, need no special treatment. The device will even tell you if it needs to be charged prior to doing the update (it insists on having at least 20% charge for that) so if you want to just jump in right away that's fine too.

You also don't need to worry about overcharging, or over-discharging. The device is designed to protect the battery under all normal conditions, so unless you deliberately attempt to damage it there's basically nothing you could do that would cause problems.

That said, many people feel more comfortable with a full charge before using it the first time, and that's fine too.
    LeKeiser likes this.
    02-07-12 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD