So I unboxed my playbook last night. Got it using the staples coupon and absolutely love it but there are just a few niggling issues:

1) Downloading music directly to the PB: I normally use mediafire to dl music directly to my torch but with the PB it lets me choose the download location but never starts. Now this isnt a big deal as there are other ways to transfer music but I figure it should be possible.

2) Screen orientation lag: my PB takes up to 5 secs to shift orientation. Is that standard?

3) BBM through Bridge: msgs are transmitted fast enough but the app itself is quite slow in terms of switching chats etc.

Any thoughts?
    08-02-11 08:50 AM
    I can only comment on #2.... 5 seconds is too long. Mine usually rotates within 1 second.

Do you have the latest OS installed? See my signature line for details.
    08-02-11 10:44 AM
    I do have the latest OS ...maybe I had too many apps running.

FYI: the downloads work when i disconnect bridge.
    08-02-11 10:56 AM
    How can you choose the download location?
    I can only edit the name of the file before the download starts.

And yes, five seconds is way too long.
    08-02-11 12:17 PM
    I have also noticed a lag on screen orientation, but then I also noticed a bright pixel. Ill be exchanging it shortly for another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 12:35 PM
    How can you choose the download location?
    I can only edit the name of the file before the download starts.

And yes, five seconds is way too long.
    well when i was using Bridge, it gave me the option to save to both the torch's internal and external memory...
    08-02-11 01:06 PM
    I have seen it lag for several seconds switching orientation some times. Other times, it doesn't register at all, and I have to shake or rotate the device again to make it happen. I think it's entirely a software issue.
    08-02-11 01:06 PM
    Use AIR Browser, it's a free app that lets you see where downloads go. It is usually in the downloads folder. Download the app and you will see...
    08-02-11 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD