Ok so i got my 16 gig plsybook yesterdsy and i have to say its incredible.from browsing to multitasking everyhinh is excellent. However there are some issued which i want to fix. Firstly the facebook chat and ticker chat disconnects in the browser. I really want to use chat in the browser. Also i wanna known if there is any way to make some videos fit to screen if they have a different aspect ratio. Like i can zoom in but it cuts the side part. Overall playbook itz brilliant and i just need a bluetooth keyboard case tomake it perfect.
    12-01-12 12:35 AM
    You can purchase "client for Facebook chat" for .99. Works great and will get you through waiting for the real Facebook app. You just have to wait for the BB10 upgrade for playbook, the browser Facebook is herky jerky for chat unfortunately. The good news 60 days till we should now when the pb is upgraded. What videos as an example? Depending on the source of the video you may not always get a perfect full screen
    yasirrfc likes this.
    12-01-12 01:26 AM
    There are a couple of android video players that will let you zoom or stretch 4:3 vids so they'll fill the screen, but they need to be sideloaded (see the sideloading subforum). The best of these is probably mVideo Player, which also has a few other features lacking in the native Videos player. I'm not aware of anything in app world that will do this- nothing free at least.
    12-01-12 01:54 AM
    Sounds like your on your way to enjoying PB. RIM=blackberry=ever changing greatness. When you have questions just ask here. Someone will help.
    12-01-12 02:07 AM
    Kalemsoft Media Player offers zoom(fill)/letterbox/crop for choices.
    Optionally you can run your vid through a program like "DVD Catalyst 4" to get the aspect you're after.
    12-01-12 10:01 AM
    Have you tried double tap the centre of the screen to make the video go full screen?
    12-01-12 10:29 AM
    Filling the screen with a video offers a series of choices and tradeoffs if the video was not intended for the full-screen of the pb.

You can ZOOM the entire image and portions of the image will be off the screen at the top/bottom/left or right.

Or you can STRETCH the image in one dimension to fill out the entire screen but the image will be distorted - either things to be taller and skinnier than normal or they will be wider and squatter than normal.

You canNOT turn one aspect ratio into another without some type of sacrifice to the true dimensions.
    12-01-12 11:15 AM
    Hmm yez i can now zoom in. Anything on fb chat and ticker? I only want to use facebook in full browser and feels great just chst and ticker feed disconnects. Tried other browsers but theyr not good as stock browser
    12-01-12 06:12 PM
    If you want to chat on facebook get an app the browser always crashes.
    12-03-12 05:27 PM