I am hoping that sales are strog. The Office Max where I got my PlayBook from had their shipments in 4 hours after opening and by that time they had already sold four. They had three left and I got one of the last ones. I called another location to see how many they had and the lady told me they had just one more left. Of coarse I can only speak for the stores in my area.
    04-20-11 02:08 PM
    Total bull****, Apple more than met the demand for iPad2's no shortage, never a shortage, it's all clever marketing.
    Honestly that's very naive. Lines by design, absolutely yes. Shortage no way, they pissed off a lot of loyal fanboys with the delays and wanted to sell as many as they could as soon as possible. Frustrating loyal customers is not good business, just ask RIM :-) They were trying to kill off the Xoom and preempt the PB. They did not preempt the PB but I would suggest they forced RIM to launch PB earlier than they wanted to and with some know glitches and shortcomings.

Honestly take a look at this alternative universe and see what they are saying and look at all the other threads about trying to find one and all the ones complaining about backlight bleed it, it really doesn't look all that different than crackberry.

Blackberry Playbook no hype, no lines, no one really cares - MacRumors Forums
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 04-20-11 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added link
    04-20-11 02:10 PM
    He is probably one of the most ignored posters on this board, so far as he went and tried to make a second account to continue negativity and circumvent users rights to ignore.
    nahh I would never do such a thing. If you want proof simply ask a mod. such a childish thing was done by someone who could unfortunately NOT put me on ignore. Instead of doing that they succumbed to their inner "codependent" child and created the new account. I am just content to use CB as my personal blog and encourage folks to use the tools of this forum, as many have, to bypass my contribution if they so wish.
    Last edited by dutchtender; 04-20-11 at 02:18 PM.
    04-20-11 02:15 PM
    nahh I would never do such a thing. If you want proof simply ask a mod. such a childish thing was done by someone who could unfortunately NOT put me on ignore. Instead of doing that they succumbed to their inner "codependent" child and created the new account. I am just content to use CB as my personal blog and encourage folks to use the tools of this forum, as many have, to bypass my contribution if they so wish.
    04-20-11 02:20 PM
    Settle down children!
    04-20-11 02:23 PM
    With 50K units allegedly sold, expectations for this device must have been very low. Sadly, the 50K units moved yesterday will not be surpassed by any future PlayBook; it's all downhill.

FYI, Apple sold 7.3 million iPads during the holiday quarter, which is 81K a day. Cheers.
    i think someone's feeling a little Debbie Downer today

Settle down children!
    we really need to have a favorite moderator contest, i think youd win hahah. count on my vote!
    04-20-11 02:23 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD