06-12-12 09:30 PM
38 12
tools
    Thomas,
    Are you referring to the BB Music Gateway?
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-23-12 10:03 AM
    Thomas,
    Are you referring to the BB Music Gateway?
    Indeed I am, thanks. I'm going to hook one up in the car myself. Very cool.
    01-23-12 11:23 AM
    01-23-12 11:25 AM
    Does the BB Music Gateway work with the PB? It does not have the PB on the compatibility list on the bb website. Do we have to wait for the PB to have A2DP or whatever it's called?
    01-23-12 02:22 PM
    Does the BB Music Gateway work with the PB? It does not have the PB on the compatibility list on the bb website. Do we have to wait for the PB to have A2DP or whatever it's called?
    Yea, I am pretty sure it will work fine with OS2. Anyone out there have the two working now?
    trinipoco likes this.
    01-23-12 02:56 PM
    You're presumably one of the few who either has a bad unit or simply cant get yours to work properly, but the GPS in the PlayBook is completely real, fully functional, and quite accurate. If you are having difficulties with it, you should try with someone else's PlayBook and you may see your own is defective. I have tested with eight different ones at this point and all worked flawlessly.
    How can I tell if my pb's gps is bad? I've had what seems to be hit and miss luck with the pb getting a gps location from Poynt. Any suggestions for testing my gps?
    01-23-12 09:00 PM
    To test gps: Download the FREE Compass app. Generally, first time, find an open field away from buildings and tall trees. Give it 15-30 minutes to locate satellites. Do not shield it with your body. It might work faster.

Thereafter, it should pick up satellites quicker if you use it regularly and don't move it a far distance. It stores info on where satellites will be for a certain duration for the general area.

It will not generally pickup signals inside a building or parking garage and could have trouble in streets with tall buildings. This is the same for any real gps that does not also have cell coverage (which is a different tech assists the gps). Compass only provides lat/long of real use. Compare its results with a map of where you were.

Bing, Poynt, and a few other apps are free.
    01-24-12 12:10 AM
    how did the build turn out? what was the best way to get into the sound of the speakers and do you still have the stock deck behind the bb playbook?
    02-07-12 08:05 PM
    Yea, I am pretty sure it will work fine with OS2. Anyone out there have the two working now?
    I used bb music gateway with 2.0.7111 and worked fine.
    02-07-12 10:49 PM
    Any updates on this?

Andrew
    03-29-12 10:49 AM
    and push.
    I am interested too
    Are there any updates?
    06-12-12 02:37 PM
    I find my GPS work's fine as long as I turn off the Wifi....With WIFI on, it jumps anywhere from 50 - 500m in any direction. I have tried my wife's and hers seems to be the same!
    06-12-12 03:41 PM
    Here was my newest solution... 2 generic phone holder (10 bux each at canadian tire) locked in the vents....bend the flexible. Inside arm down, keeping slightly bent forward to keep the pb snug....has never budged an in in a month and makes the pb easily removable.
    06-12-12 09:30 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD