What is up with the firesale on Playbook accessories lately? I am a huge fan of the Playbook without the 2.0 update and that will only make it better! My concern is that I keep hearing about a 2.0 relaunch but I thought that just meant launching the same device with updated software. But all the deals on these accessories make me feel like that might not be the case....Luckily I got my 32GB Playbook with United airline miles....
    09-13-11 09:10 AM
    Well, they will probably update these accessories too... that seems logical...
    09-13-11 09:23 AM
    The Accessories were over priced in the first place.
    Accessories and the Tablets were manufactured and released on different tracks.
    With lower than anticipated sales of the Tablet there is now a surplus of Accessories.

That being said, the RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Journal Case is top notch, and I would still pay the high price.
    hazcomk48 likes this.
    09-13-11 09:58 AM
    Back to school sales.
    Inventory sitting on the shelf for too long.(must turnover stock within x number of days)

They could use the cash they have on the non-selling items to do other things or
    stock items that are selling.

Simple.

Tim
    09-13-11 10:02 AM
    That being said, the RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Journal Case is top notch, and I would still pay the high price.
    I love the Journal Case. But because of the way it opens, when my wife uses my PB she always holds it upside down. Sorta bugs me to see it but whatever is comfortable I guess.
    09-13-11 10:02 AM
    Back to school sales.
    Inventory sitting on the shelf for too long.(must turnover stock within x number of days)

They could use the cash they have on the non-selling items to do other things or
    stock items that are selling.

Simple.

Tim
    In this case a sale would be in order as opposed to all accessories being dumped into a clearance bin.
    09-13-11 01:29 PM
    Not such sales in Canada, unfortunately...
    09-13-11 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD