I was thinking of putting a Skinomi screen protector on my Nexus 6P today and remembered that I had one on my Playbook and wanted to remember what it looked like.

So, charged it up and..... it was like meeting and old friend that you haven't talked to in a few years that you didn't have a fight with, but just drifted away from.

I've spent the past hour going down memory lane with it. The last ToDo list I ever made on it when my mom was still alive.... and some very cool games!

It's in this really classy Brookstone case. In terms of hardware - it was an incredible build, and the software was so innovative. Still is cool.

Anyway, just wanted to share that - Going to play some NFS Undercover, Cut the Rope, Snow Bomber, Frog Race, Frisbee Forever, Lunar Lander, and Air Attack :-)
    03-18-16 06:09 PM
    I still love my PlayBook after all these years and still use it for presentations once or twice a week, the Bridge remote still wows people to this day. It's showing it's age a bit these days; the camera no longer works and sometimes email's a bit erratic, but I never used it much for pictures or email anyways.
    03-18-16 06:19 PM
    Use mine most days, I. Like the size and ease of use. My Z30 does the heavy lifting when speed matters but for video and pictures it's hard to beat. If you have a strong wifi signal that is.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-22-16 12:54 AM
    ...for video and pictures it's hard to beat. If you have a strong wifi signal that is.
    Arrh, a good/strong WiFi signal!!! I wonder how many of those posting to moan about the PB Browser being slow think to check their wifi and ISP status?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 10:37 AM
    Arrh, a good/strong WiFi signal!!! I wonder how many of those posting to moan about the PB Browser being slow think to check their wifi and ISP status?

Posted via CB10
    The browser on the PlayBook is horribly dated. Has little to do with WiFi and ISP status at this juncture.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-26-16 10:39 AM
    Works fine for me, better still with javascript only enabled when needed, so what exactly do you mean by dated?
    03-26-16 07:23 PM
    Try Youtube... I still use mine.. but not regularly. Still love the interface and navigation...
    03-26-16 10:24 PM
    I can't go a night without my playbook and can't imagine 4 years. I am typing this with my 64gig one.
    03-27-16 01:51 AM
    I still use my playbook. Have some neat websites.

Use the free Origami browser from BB world to access special sites. With free. Origami from BB world, You can change the PB User Agent to Nexus7 , z10, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone or custom. There are movie sites that totally choke a PC or iPhone, that ur OB just sails Thu. The ads and watch movies free.
    Last edited by snackbar; 03-27-16 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Left out items
    03-27-16 11:04 AM
    For utube, i got Stereotube from BB world. Wonderful for playlists too. Converting and saving utubes on ur PB using stereotube tho sometimes doesnt work.....was a bnanza...but not necessary.
    The DAC in the PB is excellent as those who use the hdmi to a good Stereo/tv know. Easy to upload and download to/from Mac. We use it like an intelligent USB key.
    03-27-16 11:27 AM
    Using Bell, the wifi distance is pretty good.....much better than Rogers. By lining up between houses, i can use that PB on the street to the West of us. Knowing the usual distance, i have to wonder about Radiation from Bell wifi (lol).
    03-27-16 11:38 AM
    Works fine for me, better still with javascript only enabled when needed, so what exactly do you mean by dated?
    I dunno, checker boarding just isn't my forte lol. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it's nowhere near as effective as other browsers.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 11:22 PM
    I dunno, checker boarding just isn't my forte lol. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it's nowhere near as effective as other browsers.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure its not a slow ISP of poor wifi that's causing that effect?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 06:22 PM
    My GF is giving a second life to my passport as an e-reader. She use it daily. The browser is terrible, it's the main reason I switched to another tablet. But the PB is still a very nice multimedia device. The multitasking is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 08:05 PM
    Are you sure its not a slow ISP of poor wifi that's causing that effect?

Posted via CB10
    Positive. My Wi-Fi devices average no less than 30mbps but are generally within the 40-50 range.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 10:30 PM
    My favorite game on the PB is the Bard's Tale. So much sarcastic fun in one place, almost too much to handle

I also really enjoy reading Kobo on my PB, much better than my Nexus 7 that took a dirt nap after 18 months.

It's like a satisfying tactile feel of turning a page without the tactile. I just can't describe it better than that.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 10:53 PM