I�m currently facing the issue of not remembering the password to my wifi network, I�d like to connect my new linux laptop to it but obviously I need the password.

My PlayBook has no problem acessing the network so I was wondering if there is a way to read-out the password from the settings of my PlayBook...
    12-15-13 08:22 AM
    I�m currently facing the issue of not remembering the password to my wifi network, I�d like to connect my new linux laptop to it but obviously I need the password.

My PlayBook has no problem acessing the network so I was wondering if there is a way to read-out the password from the settings of my PlayBook...
    I didn't see anyway from the pb. Usually it is written on the router somewhere unless you changed it from that.
    RS_Ford likes this.
    12-15-13 08:31 AM
    I didn't see anyway from the pb. Usually it is written on the router somewhere unless you changed it from that.

Yeah I�m afraid I changed that a while ago without writing it down.
    12-15-13 08:33 AM
    Yeah I�m afraid I changed that a while ago without writing it down.
    Here is something odd that might work. Will take a little work on your part. Change the PW again and write it down. If you forget the ADMIN PW to your router, reset the router and start over again completely from scratch.
    RS_Ford likes this.
    12-15-13 08:38 AM
    Ah, OK. Maybe you can access the router config via the pb browser. Sort of like this how to:Find Your WiFi Password when You Forgot It - wikiHow

Typical router address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Then you need router password. Check with manufacturer or Google for that default password. If you changed that, you will prolly have to reset the router.
    RS_Ford likes this.
    12-15-13 08:46 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, I�ll get right on it.
    12-15-13 08:55 AM
    Ah, OK. Maybe you can access the router config via the pb browser. Sort of like this how to:Find Your WiFi Password when You Forgot It - wikiHow
    The Wiki instructions work only if the user hasn't changed the default admin password. My guess is that he's been a good person and has changed that one, too. If not, this should be attended to immediately. No access point should have the default admin password unless the user wants someone else to commandeer it from the street or next door.
    12-15-13 10:16 PM
    You don't have any other computers or laptops connected to the same network besides the PlayBook? Otherwise like other members have suggested - reset the router to start fresh.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:23 PM
    Just make sure that you also have the needed password to log the system to your ISP. Usually, that's a userid and another password for the isp.
    12-18-13 11:32 PM
    The Wiki instructions work only if the user hasn't changed the default admin password. My guess is that he's been a good person and has changed that one, too. If not, this should be attended to immediately. No access point should have the default admin password unless the user wants someone else to commandeer it from the street or next door.
    Sounds like good advice but doesn't one first have to get on the network first to access the router? A good reason for having good network protection with preferably WPA2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-19-13 01:26 AM
    As to find WiFi password, I use the SmartKey WiFi Password Recovery. It works for me, so you can Google Search "smartkey wifi password recovery" to know more about it.
    10-15-14 03:45 AM