I'd like to change the desktop download destination for my Playbook video. I'm having problems now which I suspect are the result of some mistakes I made when initially setting up the desktop software.

As it is, when I download to my IMac the video for some reason goes to my "Pictures" folder. More specifically it goes into a file marked "New York" (where I have pictures from a past visit). In that folder it appears in a file called "Photo Library".

Trouble is if I click on this IPhoto opens up and starts importing the video. In my case that's not where I want it to go; I have Final Cut Pro and want to send it there.

My problem seems to have been even further compounded. When IPhoto began to import I clicked "cancel". Since then if I go through the process described above and arrive again at "Photo Library", then click, I get nothing.

So my specific question is: Is there a way in the Blackberry Desktop software to re-designate where downloaded video goes? I'd like to create a folder named, for example "Playbook Video" in my main directory so that the the raw MP4 files can go there to be exported to Final Cut. I've looked but can see no place to change settings.

01-18-13 03:49 PM
    Copy and paste doesn't work on a Mac?
    01-18-13 04:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply but I must admit I have no idea what you might be saying or suggesting.
    01-18-13 07:09 PM
    I think he's saying that you should create a "Playbook Video" folder on your Mac and move the videos from the Pictures folder to this folder.
    01-18-13 07:16 PM
    I think he is suggesting you skip the Desktop Manager all together. Use wifi file sharing or the USB cable to transfer the files to anywhere you please. .
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-18-13 07:16 PM
    Alas, that I might try. But after IPhoto began trying to import the videos and I hit cancel, the videos seem to have disappeared from that obscure place in my "Pictures" folder where they were sitting. I've tried searching for them through Finder - throwing in all sorts of keywords and today's date, etc. but nothing appears.
    01-18-13 07:25 PM
    Yes I've heard the suggestion is that I try a WIFI route rather than Desktop Manager/USB. I've downloaded instructions but have run into some problems there. Not quite clear what the instructions are saying I should do. The online article from Blackberry also suggests a route that bypasses the Desktop Manager program, but its instructions, too, are baffling me. It says I have to go to "Finder" and double click "BlackBerry PlayBook CD". Trouble is no CD came with my Playbook. I've just pulled out the old box and nada. So lost again!
    01-18-13 07:32 PM
    You should be able to to use the USB to connect the PB like any other storage device. Most of the instructions around here are for PC. Someone here should be able to help with your "I" stuff.

I only use Desktop Manager for back up. Using any program to transfer or sync files causes me problems most times. Copy/paste is the only way to go in my opinion.
    01-18-13 07:51 PM
    Does the playbook show up as a CD when done that way? I know nothing about Macs
    01-18-13 07:53 PM
    It seems to connect the Playbook via USB to my Mac - NOT using Desktop manager - requires a process that must begin by double clicking the infamous, mysterious and for me non-existant "BlackBerry PlayBook CD". Once this CD is double clicked I'm to click "BlackBerry Device Manager Installer". And on from there.....
    01-18-13 08:33 PM
    Does the playbook show up as a CD when done that way? I know nothing about Macs
    Not sure what you mean. If I just connect the PlayBook via USB to my computer, and shut down the Blackberry Desktop Software whe it automatically loads, I seem to get an icon in Finder suggesting a recognition of the PlayBook (some long number appears). But I guess without this set up via the infamous BlackBerrry PlayBook CD and installation of BlackBerry Device Manager Installer that's all I'll get.
    01-18-13 08:37 PM