Hi,

Anyone able to help with something that makes me ever so slightly cross...!
    If I want to upload a picture into DropBox then when it asks me to select the file I want, I get a 'file picker' dialogue box (which I'm guessing the OS provides??), however, what it shows is ALL the pictures on the Playbook, in no particular order - that I can divine, and taking no notice of all the nice subdirectories that I've put them all into (using Ghost Commander - excellent and FREE FileManager, by the way). Is there any way of organising my files so that I get a more structured way of selecting a photo? This is only going to get worse, as I add photos and pictures onto my PB.
    Is it a flaw with the operating system (maybe the fabled BB10 update will cure it), or is it just the way the DropBox App presents the files, and not really the fault of the Playbook at all?
    03-14-13 10:17 AM
    By "DropBox app", I'm assuming that you mean "BlueBox" and not "DropBox", since there actually is an app called "DropBox" that needs to be sideloaded and does NOT utilize the native file picker (as BlueBox does). If you sideload this app, you can actually use Ghost Commander to send files to DropBox- you just press and hold on a file, then choose "send to", and then choose "DropBox". The Dropbox app will then open and then hit Upload, and you're done. There are also other ways to directly upload to DropBox using a more traditional file browser- either using the free sideloaded apps ES File Explorer or X-Plore or the piad app Files and Folders in app world.
    ChrisMay likes this.
    03-14-13 10:32 AM
    Hi,
    No, I do mean DropBox (I have it sideloaded, as you said), so that is not using the native file picker, I wondered if that was the case....
    I did try BlueBox, but didn't really like it much, so I deleted it, and tried sideloading the official (Android) DropBox app, which I like a lot better, apart from this one issue.
    I will try out the option you suggest of sending the files via Ghost Commander, that sounds like a better idea.
    Thanks for your help!

Chris.
    03-14-13 10:52 AM
    You have highlighted one of my biggest and continuing Pet Peeves with the pb. The fact that the damn thing can't distinguish or use folders when trying to find an individual item to attach to an email or do what you have asked. I get 3,000 photos. And the stupid Picture-viewer app does not show the name of the photo so you can't easily search for it. YIKES!!!! Two years next month and this has still not been addressed.

But we can HOPE that sometime before the end of the year, almost 3 years into this device this MIGHT be addressed by bb10!!!!

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ChrisMay likes this.
    03-14-13 11:03 AM
    AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heh. I'm glad it's not just me that it makes feel like that
    It does seem like a large oversight!
    03-14-13 11:30 AM
    F2, I think we've been through this before, but you can avoid that hassle by using Ghost Commander (or ES File Explorer or X-Plore) to attach photos/files to an email. The only limitation is that all photos must be in the same folder, but that limitation is easy to overcome since Ghost makes it very easy to create a new folder and copy all the pics you want to send to this new folder. In Ghost, you first multi select your pics (pic 1) then press and hold on a selected pic. From the dialogue that pops up, choose "Send to" (pic 2), and from the next dialogue choose "Messages" (pic3). Messages wil then open in the compose view with the selected pics attached (pic 4).
    Attached Thumbnails Finding a file in applications.-img_20121030.jpg   Finding a file in applications.-img_20121031.jpg   Finding a file in applications.-img_20121032.jpg   Finding a file in applications.-img_20121033.jpg  
    ChrisMay likes this.
    03-14-13 11:43 AM
    Thanks, again, Pacoman. Yes, there are those other methods. But really.........

Actually, I've forgotten to ask the z10 folks if the camera/camera-app can directly email photos like my os7 device?
    03-14-13 12:36 PM
    Hi Pacoman,
    Thanks for that tutorial, it seems like Ghost Commander is even more helpful than I thought. Adding photos to an email WAS another thing I was having problems with, but this seems like a very aceptable work-around.

Chris.
    03-14-13 12:47 PM
    Thanks, again, Pacoman. Yes, there are those other methods. But really.........

Actually, I've forgotten to ask the z10 folks if the camera/camera-app can directly email photos like my os7 device?
    If you find out, can you report back here please?
    03-14-13 12:48 PM