seriously under rated feature. so I check a lot of websites with long lists and my thumb is getting tired of scrolling enlessly down the page. is there any feature in this browser (playbook) to find on page a word. z10 has it but I've. tried holding fingers and swiping every which way and i m lost. please help.
    06-24-13 10:46 PM
    If you have a mini-keyboard the arrow up and down buttons will scroll the page. Its a little jerky though.
    If you hit the little book on the top left hand corner of the PlayBook it will go into reader mode.
    cracksmth likes this.
    06-24-13 10:59 PM
    The app Origami Browser has a find on page feature. It needs to be sideloaded. Look in the PB games and apps setion.
    cracksmth likes this.
    06-24-13 11:30 PM
    seriously under rated feature. so I check a lot of websites with long lists and my thumb is getting tired of scrolling enlessly down the page. is there any feature in this browser (playbook) to find on page a word. z10 has it but I've. tried holding fingers and swiping every which way and i m lost. please help.
    One of my biggest gripes since day ONE. NO find on page. You also can't rename or reorganize Bookmarks - another long lasting gripe. Some of the 3rd party browsers can do it.
    cracksmth likes this.
    06-24-13 11:38 PM
    keyboard accually works pretty well. though I do have several pages to go through. sports results searching ya ' know cheers
    06-25-13 12:00 AM
    actually I think ill get onto some 3rd party browsers now. great idea. I have a hard time veering from stock option or app world on this knd of thing but its time for adventure.
    06-25-13 12:02 AM
    keyboard accually works pretty well. though I do have several pages to go through. sports results searching ya ' know cheers
    Your external keyboard has a find key?
    06-25-13 05:01 AM
    Your external keyboard has a find key?
    No, it just makes scrolling easier.

But I do plan on looking and seeing if I can FIND a FIND key on the keyboard!
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-25-13 09:10 AM
    Both Quick App Manager and Ghost Commander have Find On Page available. In Quick App Manager click on the 'Browser' icon and it shows Google's home page. Go to whatever site and a page then sweep down from the top and select Find On Page.

If you don't want to go through the app all the time for searching, then have it open in another Window. Paste in the page address from the Playbook's browser when needed.

When using Quick App Manager or Ghost Commander it is also possible to use the (beta) Handwriting Search feature of Google's. It (beta) works on a number of languages including versions of some languages that you can't directly key in when using the Playbook e.g. Chinese. Find on Page would work with them, also.

And while mentioning other languages there is a nice feature of a website called gate2home.com Virtual Keyboard Online - Type in your language, anywhere!!! Through it if you open another language keyboard and, after turning it to Portrait, it is then possible to type many unsupported languages without too much difficulty on the Playbook. Then you can click it direct from there to google, twitter, or facebook. Or click the Copy button.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 11:47 AM
    Both Quick App Manager and Ghost Commander have Find On Page available. In Quick App Manager click on the 'Browser' icon and it shows Google's home page. Go to whatever site and a page then sweep down from the top and select Find On Page.

If you don't want to go through the app all the time for searching, then have it open in another Window. Paste in the page address from the Playbook's browser when needed.

When using Quick App Manager or Ghost Commander it is also possible to use the (beta) Handwriting Search feature of Google's. It (beta) works on a number of languages including versions of some languages that you can't directly key in when using the Playbook e.g. Chinese. Find on Page would work with them, also.

And while mentioning other languages there is a nice feature of a website called gate2home.com Virtual Keyboard Online - Type in your language, anywhere!!! Through it if you open another language keyboard and, after turning it to Portrait, it is then possible to type many unsupported languages without too much difficulty on the Playbook. Then you can click it direct from there to google, twitter, or facebook. Or click the Copy button.
    Roundabout but excellent.
    06-25-13 12:30 PM
    Roundabout but excellent.
    Well............ Not exactly. It's not really Ghost or Quick app manager that has a "find on page" feature. He's simply using these apps to launch android Browser, which is part of the android runtime. While Browser does have a find on page function- that's about all it has. It's otherwise probably the worst browser ever (that I've seen, at least). It has virtually NO other features. No bookmarks. It doesn't even have an address bar, so you can't just type (or paste) in a URL and go directly to the page. What you have to do to navigate to anywhere is first do a google search and then tap on a link from the results. Not exactly convenient. If you want an android browser with a find on page function, use Dolphin. It is a full featured browser with find on page capability.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 12:45 PM
    Yes, I was wondering if there's other ways of launching all of those HIDDEN Android apps that are included on the pb but not easily accessible.

I don't recall, but has rim/bbry ever given any hint of these "other apps" and how to get to them? I admit that I have not looked at the manual in ages.

And while this internal browser may be impotent in many respects it DOES include FIND-ON-PAGE where the native browser is impotent.
    06-25-13 03:41 PM
    Search for fast browser on blackberry world.
    06-25-13 05:11 PM
    To be fair to android Browser, I suspect that it was never really intended, at least for PB purposes, as a web-surfing tool. Rather, it is the default app for opening a webpage when you tap on a link in any other android app. For that purpose, it serves its function. Most probably don't even realize that this is a seperate app from the app they tapped the link in when Browser opens. Those who do realize this are those who have installed one of the other android browsers available for the PB (Maxthon, Dolphin, etc.). For these people, tapping on a link in an android app will initiate a pop up screen asking which app they want to use to complete the action. "Browser will appear as a choice along with the other installed android browsers, and these people may say to themselves, "what's that, I never installed that".

As to BB ever giving instructions on how to access these "hidden" apps, I doubt it.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 05:30 PM
    One little update. I was messin' with my PB, and decided to look through bar files on my PC to see if there were any apps on it, that I hadn't loaded on my PB since my last wipe, that might be worth reinstalling. I came across a BAR for the android browser and thought, why not. So, anyway, the bar, if it doesn't overwrite the original app, it replaces it. As such, this app is much more functional than the original. It has a real address bar, bookmark support, multi tab support, and retains the find on page feature. It also can be launched from the desktop- no separate launcher needed. As such, it is a much more functional and acceptable browser. I also found an interesting feature from another app I just loaded, but that's for another recent thread.
    06-25-13 08:17 PM
    So is this Android Browser Bar file available someplace 'normal'?
    06-25-13 10:07 PM
    So is this Android Browser Bar file available someplace 'normal'?
    Mobile File Host - Download File: "AndroidBrowser.bar" (410.15 KB)
    06-25-13 10:23 PM
    I have Dolphin Browser loaded on my PlayBook and it has find on page.
    06-25-13 10:27 PM