BlackBerry Live: Phablet rumours steal show at Orlando conference | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

Part of "At BlackBerry Live"

Heins has given signs that hes more interested in the software on BlackBerry devices than constantly launching new hardware. Earlier this year he promised that a software update to its poor selling PlayBook tablet software would put the technology on the same wavelength as its BlackBerry 10 smartphones. So far, that hasnt come to fruition, and Heins declined to say for certain whether an update would come later this year.
    05-16-13 02:23 PM
    I think TH is under-estimating the power and convenience of the tablet market.
    I'm not too concerned about the update yet, BB has until December 31 this year before I go out and spend my money on another tablet.
    If BB wants to make money, I think they'll come out with another tablet or something more comparable or equivalent to the PB.
    I personally don't need BB10 on my PB, just give me a good BB bridge, compatible with my Z10 or upgrade the OS so I can side load Jelly Bean apps.
    05-17-13 09:22 AM