Well, I bought a new playbook this morning. Found an awesome price at Office Depot. Couldnt turn down the $159 price tag. It is a 16 gig wifi version. I have it charging and updating right now. Couldnt go any further with it until I update. Im very excited!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    bitek likes this.
    10-20-12 11:55 AM
    welcome to the club, hehe.. yeah good deal for new out of the box. I got mine online from walmart in mid july, it was on sale for $200. lol what a difference a few months makes.
    10-20-12 12:05 PM
    Cool, hope you enjoy it! You'll love using bridge for more than just browsing.

Edit:

I see you're on AT&T. Make sure you get your bridge app from Bridge Twitter Notification Odd name from the url, it's from http://rroyy.com
    Zildjian71 and dieseldude like this.
    10-20-12 12:08 PM
    Cool, hope you enjoy it! You'll love using bridge for more than just browsing.

Edit:

I see you're on AT&T. Make sure you get your bridge app from Bridge Twitter Notification Odd name from the url, it's from Twitter Notification
    Ok, I will look into that. What is the issue with AT&T with Bridge.
    10-20-12 12:15 PM
    Ok, I will look into that. What is the issue with AT&T with Bridge.
    AT&T in their infinite wisdom considers bridge browsing to be the same as tethering, and therefore requires you to have a tethering data plan in order to browse over the bridge. Because they don't overcharge you enough for their regular data plan and their crappy supposed 4G wireless network. It totally sucks, because the bridge one of the best features of the PB/BB combo. crAppWorld recognizes if you're on AT&T and sends you that 'special' version of the bridge app when you go to install it. The bridge app from rroyy.com is the same one everybody else gets, so get that one instead and you can browse to your heart's content when you're out of WiFi range.

Good luck with the new PB!
    10-20-12 12:25 PM
    Ok, im downloading the bridge app now, thanks for the help. The Playbook is up and running now. So far so good!
    10-20-12 12:34 PM
    Congratulations op we have been waiting for you to do this.lol
    Use it in happiness and good health.
    10-20-12 12:45 PM
    AT&T in their infinite wisdom considers bridge browsing to be the same as tethering, and therefore requires you to have a tethering data plan in order to browse over the bridge. Because they don't overcharge you enough for their regular data plan and their crappy supposed 4G wireless network. It totally sucks, because the bridge one of the best features of the PB/BB combo. crAppWorld recognizes if you're on AT&T and sends you that 'special' version of the bridge app when you go to install it. The bridge app from rroyy.com is the same one everybody else gets, so get that one instead and you can browse to your heart's content when you're out of WiFi range.

Good luck with the new PB!
    cool I didn't know that!! my husband and I use at&t, I don't have data service, but among all his device and his iphone henhad to have data, well now he has a playbook too, haha and were bout to get prepared to buy 2 bbx phones, sooo this is awesome news that att&t is on our side!!!
    10-20-12 12:55 PM
    and currently our wifi is clearwire clearspot, so where ever my playbook goes, I can takes the clear spot with it...that and up to 8 otjer devices can connect wifi. its tha best for 30 bucks a month.
    alan510 likes this.
    10-20-12 12:57 PM
    Welcome, enjoy
    10-20-12 04:08 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry I'm your host Mr. Roarke.
    Ditch AT&T as soon as you can they sux.
    Enjoy PlayBook.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    10-20-12 05:36 PM
    Thanks for all the help and welcomes!!

10-20-12 06:30 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry I'm your host Mr. Roarke.
    Ditch AT&T as soon as you can they sux.
    Enjoy PlayBook.
    lol, ATT have been very good to me. havent had any issues with them. I have been with them for a while. I do allways look at my options around upgrade time though.

10-20-12 06:33 PM
    cool I didn't know that!! my husband and I use at&t, I don't have data service, but among all his device and his iphone henhad to have data, well now he has a playbook too, haha and were bout to get prepared to buy 2 bbx phones, sooo this is awesome news that att&t is on our side!!!
    I hope that last part was facetious. ATT is nobodys friend. He is saying not to use the bridge app from ATT but instead use the one from rroxy. I'm glad you will be getting BB phones so that you will be able to use the Bridge. It does make using the PlayBook a lot better. At least your husband has mobile hotspot with his iPhone but again ATT will hit you up for a tethering plan fee. If you have mobile hotspot on your phone you can do the same thing without dragging around your clearspot. Don't know exactly what that is.
    10-21-12 01:09 AM