Hi, im very happy n i want to let u guys know about it. after long time waiting since the playbook came out n many negative post either here or around my local bestbuy n walmart store i did ask santa 4 one n i got it. the only problem is that there are few things i need help with n i would like u guys to help me with. i concider myself a BB girl after been loyal with BB 4 almost 10yrs in which many pple had tried to switch my mind unsuccesfully. i tried with tbe ipad n even though i was sastified with it i still wanted to c the BB Playbook. Now i OWN one but can anybody Plz tell me how i can xfer music n songs using the BB bridge with my BB9900 without connecting it to the pc. n wat types of apps u guys suggest me az newbie on tbe Playbook. thx any help will be greatly appreciated.
    12-26-11 01:24 AM
    There is tons of Newbie Tips and Tricks in the Sticky at the top of the Playbook Forum, or you can click on the link under my signature.

If that thread does not answer your question, you can do a search at the top right of this page, and type in 'transfer music', it will list a lot of threads that may take some reading, but should answer some of your questions.

Welcome to the forums!! We are here to help and chat too!
    12-26-11 01:47 AM
    Congrats on the playbook! As far as the music transfer I'm not sure. As for the apps, I would suggest at least getting a "file manager" app. for moving files around, renaming files. It has become very handy for me. Other than that, what I did to find good apps is do a search on google for "best apps for playbook" there a are a tonne of articles, a lot you will find right here on Crackberry.

Good luck!
    12-26-11 02:11 AM
    There is tons of Newbie Tips and Tricks in the Sticky at the top of the Playbook Forum, or you can click on the link under my signature.

If that thread does not answer your question, you can do a search at the top right of this page, and type in 'transfer music', it will list a lot of threads that may take some reading, but should answer some of your questions.

Welcome to the forums!! We are here to help and chat too!
    Listen to her, start there. But the short answer is files can be transferred via wifi to PB, but it will take research or another member to tell you about transfer from phone wireless to PB. Check the tips and tricks first. Good luck and welcome!
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-26-11 02:17 AM
    I transfered my music, pics and vids from my BB to my PlayBook using the bridge connection. Here is how:

I bought a program called Files & Folders (F&F). I'm sure there other options but, this app is worth the low price to me for Dropbox alone.

Connect the bridge by running any of the bridge apps. This is needed because, for me, F&F does not establish the bridge connection. It will use it but not make the initial connection.

In F&F swipe down to open the options, select Bridge. Your music is probably on your SDCard so tap that. It should be under Blackberry, tap that. Now tap music and you should see all your music files.

Now that you navigated to where your music files are, in F&F tap the stacked checks in the upper right corner to enter multi-select mode. For me F&F has a little bug when you want to select all files when using the clipboard. To get around that bug, select 1 file by placing a check to the right of the name. Then uncheck it and tap the select all option in the left pain. With all your music selected, tap copy to clipboard.

Click to view quoted image

With all files on the clipboard, swipe down to open options and tap PlayBook to switch from your BB back to the PB. Navigate to playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/music. Tap paste from clipboard and relax while your music is copied from your BB to your PB.

Try to keep your devices near each other and don't mess with them as the transfer occurs. Bluetooth is a little finicky so just let it be.
    Awesome!!!!! would you post this to the 'Newbie Tips and Tricks' Sticky? BlackJack will move it to the correct area.

It would be very much appreciated!!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-26-11 02:46 AM
    I just saved it lol
    12-26-11 02:57 AM
    Welcome to the PB world
    12-26-11 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD