I came from a Samsung Galaxy tab to a Playbook. I like Android for many reasons but the few things I disliked were big factors for me.

Security

Security on Android just stinks. Anything Android is prone to malware and suspicious code. Last tear Android has a 3000x increase in virus' and malware. I understand the PB is not invincible but it's alot safer for emails, banking, and anything that is highly sensitive.

Running Programs

This kind of goes with the first. Did you look at how many running programs are going in the bcakground? I could never figure out why I had 20 programs running in the background. yes i tried turning them off.

No tablet is perfect and the PB is far from it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 04:23 PM
    Dude... Who Gives A Damn?!... This Is The Playbook Section... Nobody Here Cares If You Have An iPad 3 Farless For That Crappy Samsung... Lol...
    06-11-12 04:46 PM
    Nexus 7 from Google will be available end of June, and will blow all current 7" tabs out of the water. Will be quad core, great screen, expandable memory, $200-250, etc, etc. Do a search.
    Technology evolves and one year old gadgets are just that.
    The main point is that it's a Google device!! All OS updates will be pushed by Google, not a carrier!!!

The rumors are that it will be released during the Google I/O at the end of the month. It will be released with Android 4.1 and updated with Android 5.0 (Jelly Bean) in the Fall.
    Michel Souris likes this.
    06-11-12 05:37 PM
    Who cares?
    Clearly RIM doesn't. Therein lies the problem.
    rcm1301 and conix67 like this.
    06-11-12 05:46 PM
    Toodeurep, jafobabe and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-12 06:08 PM
    I came from a Samsung Galaxy tab to a Playbook. I like Android for many reasons but the few things I disliked were big factors for me.

Security

Security on Android just stinks. Anything Android is prone to malware and suspicious code. Last tear Android has a 3000x increase in virus' and malware. I understand the PB is not invincible but it's alot safer for emails, banking, and anything that is highly sensitive.

Running Programs

This kind of goes with the first. Did you look at how many running programs are going in the bcakground? I could never figure out why I had 20 programs running in the background. yes i tried turning them off.

No tablet is perfect and the PB is far from it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, and go to some of the android forums and read about the wifi problems, screen burn in, stuttering and locking up when running a couple of busy apps, poor video and camera etc...Many of these issues showed up in reviews also. Like posted above, no perfect tablet, no matter how bad you want it to be. Good luck OP, hope that perfect tab works for you.
    Harryl6134, jafobabe and mrzeolite like this.
    06-11-12 06:38 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD