I ordered 3 PB's for the family which arrived on Dec. 8th. We each picked one, and wouldn't you know it; mine had a dead pixel, center screen about an inch down from the top bezel. I say this because I am the BB fan of the family and was the one most looking forward to getting my PB.

I did some searching here on CB and found dead pixels to be pretty common on alot of peoples devices with alot of people stating that it didn't bother them, just ignore it. To be honest, 99% of the time you wouldn't even know it was there, but whenever I went to open the camera or a bridged app, there it was, plain as day on the dark background. I tried to ignore it as long as I could, because the last thing I wanted was to have to send it back and wait for it to be repaired/replaced.

When I called CS they were very helpful and I received a return box from FedEx the next day. Shipped it off that day and 9 days later I am happy to say that I have it back in my hands. I was half expecting to have gotten back a refurbished PB, but when I checked the SN's they were the same. I just wanted to pass this along in case anyone was hesitant about wanting to send their PB back for something minor as a single bad pixel.
    Willard814, jafobabe and Bob31464 like this.
    12-28-11 03:11 PM
    Mine had a problem with the headphone jack. I received a box from BB on tuesday morning 12/20, took it to Fedex about noon. They delivered it back to me on friday afternoon 12/23. Except for the s/n it looked and worked like new. That is the absolute best customer support I have seen in a long time. RIM has some very good employees.

Bob
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-28-11 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD