Well with the update of the Citrix Receiver today I'm finally able to log into my account at work (government Contractor)!. Only bummer is that it won't load a user desktop over the bridge and will only do it over WiFi. It will log in with the bridge but not run the desktop app. I sent an e-mail to the remote access group letting them know that it now works and offered to test stuff for them.

Lots of apps getting updated today too and I downloaded Angry Birds just because I've been saying it should have been put out and so that companies like Rovio will know that the Playbook is a platform they can make money off of. Maybe RIM is finally about ready to make the Playbook a player in corporate and consumer spaces. I'm so happy that I can finally check my e-mail at work and IM from my Playbook.
    12-21-11 07:57 PM
    Without reading your post - an office desk wobbling and needed a shim!!!

edited to add: Hmmm, sounds like a serious upgrade in apps helped you.
    Last edited by F2; 12-21-11 at 08:08 PM.
    12-21-11 08:06 PM
    My company was seriously pleased as well. They ordered two more PBs today. Things are definitely looking up!
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-21-11 at 08:59 PM. Reason: mispell :)
    12-21-11 08:58 PM
    Hi
    Does it launch an .ica file over Citrix with citrix access gateway.
    Nothing here yet. Running latest 2.* beta .
    Thanks
    12-21-11 10:09 PM
    Awesome lnichols -I'm sure you know how happy I am to hear that. Enjoy!
    Give us reports on how you are using it. Always interesting stuff.

Playbook has turned the corner and is showing its stuff - one app at a time.

I'm headed off to buy angry birds, just to support the developer, even though I sideloaded it months ago and think it's stupid lol
    lwaysluking likes this.
    12-21-11 11:03 PM
    Hi
    Does it launch an .ica file over Citrix with citrix access gateway.
    Nothing here yet. Running latest 2.* beta .
    Thanks
    I don't think so. I tell it to connect to an Enterprise addition gateway with Domain+Token (Token is what didn't work before and the remote access group said it wouldn't be fixed until sometime in Q1 2012). There is a web interface option but I have no clue what that is for (I'm an IPSEC VPN guy and not a Citrix guy, but I may look into Citrix for our group for some things now based on this). On my Macbook Pro I log into a web page and it starts the Citrix Plugin giving me the option of user desktop.

Also an update on wireless. I enabled tethering on the Playbook (never used it before because Sprint blocked it but apparently T-Mobile allows it) and it allowed the client to connect. Pure Bridge is not working. It worked great that way with no WiFi so I now have a total mobile solution to get at least some of my work done. I'm going to see if they have any apps other than "User Desktop" available like just e-mail or IM or anything else and see if they can add them to my profile and see if they will work over the bridge.
    12-21-11 11:20 PM
    I'd be happy with just a teamviewer app....never seen a firewall it couldn't drill right through with no setup, no IT support, no tech support, no router changes, no ports ... - and I've been behind a lot of them....
    12-22-11 01:40 AM
    CAG Launch .ica.
    Must be the Native Browser. Played with Firefox 9 on my Transformer last night.
    To bad it can't be ported to the Playbook , I like the improvements and Firefox has always worked with .ica files.
    12-22-11 10:18 AM
    with the new docs to go and faster bridge, my playbook is now not just for playing... loving the 2.0 very much..
    12-22-11 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD