Been sometime since I got my PB, and have loved every moment of it. My brother who is a computer genius himself, unlike me, wanted to look at a tablet, but much like the crowd of today has always been inclined toward an android based or ipad.

I kept convincing him of how awesome the PB is, its amazing UI, multitasking capabilities but thought I would lose him to the 'others'
    He uses an iphone unlike my BB addiction for ever, so it was an uphill task trying to convince him that the PB rivals the Macs in multigesture, and talk about the glorious shiny screen ...and as the OS2.0 is almost here, so no worries about the native email problems anymore.....

But I never gave up, and at last convinced a computer geek to buy the PB ... and I must say he is awed by the feel, look of the PB. As I have spent numerous hours learning all the tricks and trade about the PB, I gave him a walkthrough and he was really excited.... guess it made a lot of difference for him to appreciate the qualities of the Playbook faster as I was right there showing him all the neat stuff.

I hooked him up with a nice Bluerex cover, a screen protector- all enroute. Only thing left is for me to figure out why the video chat is not working, will try a few more things before posting about it.

So I am very happy to have convinced my own sibling to take the PB plunge

A good day indeed
    02-04-12 05:56 AM
    Thanks for spreading the good word man. Keep it up.

I haven't met one person that isn't impressed by the Playbook when I show them what it can do. All of them are really impressed by the fluidity of the multi tasking.
    cdelcampo216 and anindoc like this.
    02-04-12 06:03 AM
    .... And i may be wrong, but i have found that i've had issues video chatting with someone in the same house as me but if they are somewhere else, no issues
    02-04-12 06:55 AM
    I have sold 4 PB's in the family, I am still trying!
    02-04-12 06:55 AM
    .... And i may be wrong, but i have found that i've had issues video chatting with someone in the same house as me but if they are somewhere else, no issues
    We are in different states far away, and when I try to start the video chat it says 'cannot connect to the server', on his side he gets the message that the user (me) is not available. Have heard it might be an issue with the settings on my router (cisco), but I dont have any idea how to fix it yet. So, the video chat is a bummer right now. I was excited to try the video chat feature but its a no go right now.
    Last edited by anindoc; 02-04-12 at 11:14 AM.
    02-04-12 11:12 AM
    Try putting your playbook in the DMZ settings on your router...just add its current ip address, something may be blocking it (certain port).

...and by the way, this is my first form post from my new playbook whoop whoop!!
    02-04-12 11:25 AM
    I wonder if video chat is also affected by the fact that folks canNOT use the update servers for loading their new pb's!!!!
    02-04-12 12:06 PM
    Excellent Thread anindoc!!
    I'm still trying to convince my son on the PB (hardheaded and set in his ways... not sure where he got THAT from), and hope when the OS2 comes out he will be more willing to get it.. he does not have a BB, and uses excel a lot.

But I'm still holding out that he will become a PB user!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 02-04-12 at 12:22 PM.
    anindoc likes this.
    02-04-12 12:18 PM
    This is result of RIM's recent announcement about commitment to Canadian Healthy living initiative sponsored by the government of Canada... If I recall correctly latest OS upgrade included compliance to this act.
    02-04-12 12:23 PM
    Try putting your playbook in the DMZ settings on your router...just add its current ip address, something may be blocking it (certain port).

...and by the way, this is my first form post from my new playbook whoop whoop!!
    Tried adding the PB ipv4 to the DMZ setting on my router, still no go, still the same error messages, tired another wifi network, no luck there- offcourse I dont have access to DMZ on that, last one left is at work, but I am guessing it will have firewall up.
    Last edited by anindoc; 02-04-12 at 02:04 PM.
    02-04-12 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD