Have you fixed the image copying bug? It could be down to your filesystem handling... sometimes images don't seem to be copied properly and can't be read by the Pictures app.

I agree that copy/paste has to be a lot faster. Other Android apps like Ghost Commander can do this instantly. PBOS/QNX provides a POSIX interface which I assume would make it very easy to modify files and folders.
    03-27-13 05:00 AM
    Have you fixed the image copying bug? It could be down to your filesystem handling... sometimes images don't seem to be copied properly and can't be read by the Pictures app.
    I'm 99.9% certain this is a bug in the OS, not in our app, as other apps have the same trouble. It looks like the screenshot feature is setting incorrect permissions on the file.
    03-27-13 12:33 PM
    any word on the next update for the playbook? what features and fixes are in store?!
    03-29-13 12:55 AM
    I hope improved copying and pasting speed, I don't use the cloud services that much and I want to stop using ghost commander.......
    03-29-13 02:30 AM
    I hope improved copying and pasting speed, I don't use the cloud services that much and I want to stop using ghost commander.......
    good call. any updates are welcome. its a great app
    04-01-13 06:17 PM
    any upcoming updates scheduled?

Sent from an ATM
    06-02-13 11:38 PM
    I have been using ghost commander but this blows it out of the water it seems!

I can't wait to purchase this!!
    Innovatology likes this.
    06-03-13 03:47 AM
    any upcoming updates scheduled?
    We're working on some neat updates, but can't publish schedules.

Sent from an ATM
    Clever ;-)
    nappp likes this.
    06-03-13 05:43 AM
    Help? I have recently saved a pic from BBM-later decided to delete it. However in spite of the picture being deleted, the image of the pic still appears in my picture app, like a ghost that doesn't want to go away. It appears in an unknown album as well. In file manager however, it doesn't appear. I've tried rebooting, even took the battery out, but nothing works. This is on my phones's hardrive and not memory card. It's extremely annoying! Is there a solution?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:05 AM
    Help? I have recently saved a pic from BBM-later decided to delete it. However in spite of the picture being deleted, the image of the pic still appears in my picture app, like a ghost that doesn't want to go away. It appears in an unknown album as well. In file manager however, it doesn't appear. I've tried rebooting, even took the battery out, but nothing works. This is on my phones's hardrive and not memory card. It's extremely annoying! Is there a solution?

Posted via CB10
    Try to press the power button and release the button as the device has rebooted.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:22 AM
    I tried doing that, twice now-just to make sure I'm doing the right thing, but the unknown album with ghost thumbnail still appears.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:35 AM
    is it too early to ask for an eta on the next update?

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-17-13 04:55 PM
    is it too early to ask for an eta on the next update?

Sent from an ATM
    Yes. Now go back to sleep . We'll keep you inform.
    08-17-13 06:36 PM
    We're working on some neat updates, but can't publish schedules.

The drawback is speed. We prioritize reliability, functionality and flexibility over pure performance. Copying or moving a file or folder locally could be made more efficient, at the expense of flexibility. Files & Folders isn't yet optimized for situations where the source and destination of a copy/paste are the same. But those optimizations are quite high on our to-do list.
    Any new on this? Are you gonna update the playbook version and improve copying speed? Or has this app been abandoned too?
    09-03-13 05:55 PM
    I wish I new about how to use this app. I connect to dropbox then copy music from drop box to my music folder while in am. connected to wifi. takes a while though
    is this bow it is suppose to.work ?
    09-03-13 09:20 PM
    Any new on this? Are you gonna update the playbook version and improve copying speed? Or has this app been abandoned too?
    I don't believe its abandoned, but I would to see a response that would give us reassurance

Sent from an ATM
    09-03-13 11:23 PM
    I wish I new about how to use this app. I connect to dropbox then copy music from drop box to my music folder while in am. connected to wifi. takes a while though
    is this bow it is suppose to.work ?
    I'm not sure what you're trying to do. You should be able to stream music from Dropbox to F&F in its integrated media player- you shouldn't have to download the tunes to play them. But, if you want to store your music in the cloud for playback, the best app for this is probably ES File Explorer, which needs to be sideloaded. ES is the only app that I'm aware of that allows you to queue up a number of tunes for playback, rather than having to select them one at a time as all other cloud access apps do. You can also create playlists of songs stored in the cloud. Also, if you're just looking to download music from Dropbox to your PB, from my experience, ES downloads files considerably faster than Files and Folders does.
    09-03-13 11:46 PM
    thanks
    I am trying to get music from drop box on to my pb so I can play them when I am not connected. I don't see the point in using data to stream them when I can just download while I am using free wifi.
    I hope I am explaining myself correctly.
    once in the car for example I don't have wifi so can't connect to.drop box
    09-04-13 05:28 AM
    Well then, for me, the best app for transferring files to and from the cloud is X-Plore file manager. It's a dual pane android file manager like Ghost Commander except that is has Cloud access and in that it needs to be sideloaded. Being a dual pane manager, it means you can navigate to your Dropbox music folder in one pane, and navigate to your Playbook's music folder in the other pane. Then, you can multi select the DropBox files you want to move, hit copy on the toolbar, and the files will be transferred to your Playbook. You don't have to keep navigating back and forth as you do in F&F. Again, downloads for me are much faster using X-Plore- twice as fast or more for me than F&F when transferring files from my Box accounts (not sure about DropBox). The only downside is you can't access Google Drive from X-Plore, but you can access Box, DropBox, SugarSync and SkyDrive with it.
    Theiceman01 and nappp like this.
    09-04-13 10:51 AM
    yup you nailed it.
    its a pain going back and forth with f&f. that's why I was checking on version 6
    I have never side loaded anything before. maybe its time I learned
    09-04-13 12:20 PM
    On the subject of sideloading, can anyone recommend something to access Google Drive seamlessly from the PB? Thanks!
    09-04-13 12:28 PM
    On the subject of sideloading, can anyone recommend something to access Google Drive seamlessly from the PB? Thanks!
    For Google Drive, I'd recommend ES File Explorer. I'm running 1.6.2.5, which easily accesses G Drive, though transfers are not quite as easy as X-Plore for the other Cloud services. Stay away from the latest versions of ES (it's up to version 3.0.?), since, though the UI is nice, for some reason it can't access the cloud on the Playbook.
    09-04-13 12:39 PM
    For Google Drive, I'd recommend ES File Explorer. I'm running 1.6.2.5, which easily accesses G Drive, though transfers are not quite as easy as X-Plore for the other Cloud services. Stay away from the latest versions of ES (it's up to version 3.0.?), since, though the UI is nice, for some reason it can't access the cloud on the Playbook.
    Thanks, paco -- I'll give it a try!
    09-04-13 12:44 PM
    Thanks, paco -- I'll give it a try!
    YW. A couple of tips for ES that some may not know about. One is that ES has multiple tabs, Local, LAN, Net, FTP, and Bluetooth, You can switch between tabs from ES's homescreen by swiping left or right on the screen. Second, in settings/layout settings, you can choose which tabs to show and which not to show (I hide bluetooth and FTP so I don't have to swipe through them). You can also enable the tab select bar by swiping down from the top. Third, in settings/Home Directory, if you set it to /accounts/1000/shared/ you'll be taken to the playbook's media folders each time you open the app, and fourth, in settings/Root Settings, check the box "Up to Root" to give you full access to the playbook's file system.
    09-04-13 01:11 PM
    remember to keep the love going for files and folders here! that is what the thread is about !

Sent from an ATM
    09-04-13 10:21 PM
254 ... 891011