Some BB10 users have reported that the app doesn't load - it just exits during the splash screen, or even before the splash screen is displayed. If you encounter this problem, try removing & reinstalling Files & Folders via BlackBerry World, and let us know how you get on!
    02-07-13 11:40 PM
    Whoever posted this review:

Almost perfect
    2013-02-11
    I should kick myself for not downloading it sooner...
    Thank you, you made our day!
    02-13-13 09:43 PM
    Are you still going to update the playbook version? Or are you going to just focus on the bb10 one?
    nappp likes this.
    02-13-13 09:51 PM
    Are you still going to update the playbook version? Or are you going to just focus on the bb10 one?
    great question! please don't forget about the greatest app on the playbook!
    02-13-13 09:56 PM
    Hey Innovatology!

I use my SkyDrive to store all of my music. My music is organized in the "Zune Folder Structure" (SkyDrive:/Music/Artist/Album). Can you please look into this, to incorporate into the SkyDrive (and other cloud storage) portion of the application. A couple of Windows Phone applications have this incorporated but, the best example is called "Cloud Music." Here is a link with a picture of how the Zune Folder Structure is displayed and organized:

http://www.wpxbox.com/cloud-music-wp...tream-offline/

http://img.wpxbox.com/Cloudmusic-Folder-Structure.jpg

It would be a good way to help replace the blue background when playing audio. Also, can you make it so that I can play songs back to back instead of having to go back to the folder and choosing the next song? multi-selecting songs would also work.

Thank you so much and if you have any questions on the Zune Folder Structure just DM me!
    Last edited by SebastianNap; 02-13-13 at 10:18 PM.
    02-13-13 10:00 PM
    Next question... are you still going to charge us again for BB10 version?
    02-14-13 04:51 AM
    Of course! We already have some improvements lined up for the PlayBook version.
    nappp, tryfe and hreiner1 like this.
    02-14-13 05:22 AM
    Hey Innovatology!
    Also, can you make it so that I can play songs back to back instead of having to go back to the folder and choosing the next song? multi-selecting songs would also work.
    This is on our to-do list.
    nappp and SebastianNap like this.
    02-14-13 05:23 AM
    are you still going to charge us again for BB10 version?
    Nothing is known yet about BB10 on the PlayBook. We'll need more details before we can answer that.
    hreiner1 likes this.
    02-14-13 05:25 AM
    I am on Microsoft Skydrive; does this support Skydrive?

johnreid
    02-14-13 10:34 AM
    I am on Microsoft Skydrive; does this support Skydrive?
    Absolutely! We support SkyDrive, Google Drive, SugarSync, Box and Dropbox.
    El Bori and hreiner1 like this.
    02-14-13 11:08 AM
    just purchased this great little app. now my PB is truely the center of all my links to all my files and folders, thank you...
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-14-13 11:24 AM
    Of course! We already have some improvements lined up for the PlayBook version.
    Awesome! what exactly are those improvements coming to the playbook version?

Integration with native e-mail is implemented in the BB10 version, but unfortunately it cannot yet be done on the PlayBook - there is no way to include an attachment with a native e-mail. Once BB10 comes to PlayBook we plan to support all such features, of course.
    Really why is that? I ask because the sideloaded app Kingsoft office is able to include an attachment in the native email of the playbook.
    02-19-13 11:45 PM
    Really why is that? I ask because the sideloaded app Kingsoft office is able to include an attachment in the native email of the playbook.
    It may be possible from the Android runtime, but there is no API for native apps.
    02-20-13 04:36 AM
    which 'Other' app are you using ?
    Is it free ?
    02-22-13 05:12 AM
    hey guys! feel like giving us an update on the latest playbook version you are working on?
    02-22-13 06:38 PM
    It won't show up when I search for it in BlackBerry World and when I open it up by scanning the QR code, it opens. When I try to purchase it, it comes up with this error. What's wrong? Files & Folders v6.0-img_00000044.png

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    03-26-13 12:00 AM
    It won't show up when I search for it in BlackBerry World and when I open it up by scanning the QR code, it opens. When I try to purchase it, it comes up with this error. What's wrong?
    We have temporarily removed the BB10 version from BlackBerry World due to an installation problem in the OS. RIM is aware of the problem and are working hard to fix it. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for an OS update.
    03-26-13 01:14 AM
    hey guys! feel like giving us an update on the latest playbook version you are working on?
    +1 the copy/cut and paste functions need to be faster, its a pain to copy and paste large files, the unzip too, it never works on large files.
    03-26-13 01:57 AM
    Just a quick question about cutting and pasting. If I use air browser for example it cuts and pastes a folder to another folder instantly eg move a sub folder to a main folder. The same for other file managers. However when I do the same with f+f it takes ages as if it is copying and pasting not cutting and pasting. Is there a reason for this?
    03-26-13 03:20 PM
    Just a quick question about cutting and pasting. If I use air browser for example it cuts and pastes a folder to another folder instantly eg move a sub folder to a main folder. The same for other file managers. However when I do the same with f+f it takes ages as if it is copying and pasting not cutting and pasting. Is there a reason for this?
    It sounds as if one method merely rewrites directory/folder info rather than physically moving files.
    03-26-13 04:52 PM
    It sounds as if one method merely rewrites directory/folder info rather than physically moving files.
    Yes I know but I'm wondering why files and folders can't cut and paste instantly as it should do. Really annoying when I download files into the downloads folder, and just want to move them to the music folder for example
    03-26-13 05:25 PM
    Does the bb10 version also takes ages to copy and paste large files?
    03-26-13 07:00 PM
    Just a quick question about cutting and pasting (....) when I do the same with f+f it takes ages as if it is copying and pasting not cutting and pasting. Is there a reason for this?
    The reason is slightly technical. Files & Folders uses a nifty virtualized file system that enables it to treat local files, files on all the different cloud services, inside .zip files, on BB Bridge, on SD card (w/BB10) all the same way. It means you can copy from one cloud service to another, or from inside a local .zip to another local folder, or to the cloud, or from the cloud to BB Bridge. It doesn't matter what the source or destination is. It also makes it more efficient during development and easier to ensure reliability - new features automatically work everywhere, and when new cloud services are added they automatically support all existing features.

The drawback is speed. We prioritize reliability, functionality and flexibility over pure performance. Copying or moving a file or folder locally could be made more efficient, at the expense of flexibility. Files & Folders isn't yet optimized for situations where the source and destination of a copy/paste are the same. But those optimizations are quite high on our to-do list.

I know it is irritating to wait for large files to paste, but it may help knowing that F&F wouldn't be half as flexible if it was only tuned for performance.
    FF22, nappp and Barljo like this.
    03-26-13 07:27 PM
    The reason is slightly technical. Files & Folders uses a nifty virtualized file system that enables it to treat local files, files on all the different cloud services, inside .zip files, on BB Bridge, on SD card (w/BB10) all the same way. It means you can copy from one cloud service to another, or from inside a local .zip to another local folder, or to the cloud, or from the cloud to BB Bridge. It doesn't matter what the source or destination is. It also makes it more efficient during development and easier to ensure reliability - new features automatically work everywhere, and when new cloud services are added they automatically support all existing features.

The drawback is speed. We prioritize reliability, functionality and flexibility over pure performance. Copying or moving a file or folder locally could be made more efficient, at the expense of flexibility. Files & Folders isn't yet optimized for situations where the source and destination of a copy/paste are the same. But those optimizations are quite high on our to-do list.

I know it is irritating to wait for large files to paste, but it may help knowing that F&F wouldn't be half as flexible if it was only tuned for performance.
    this explanation works great for me. I am in no rush. thank you for making it reliable and flexable
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-27-13 03:20 AM
254 ... 7891011