Charge for BB10, a whole new system
    12-07-12 11:40 AM
    We've streamed a 1000 Kbps DivX encoded TV show successfully from all the cloud services, but your mileage may vary.
    Would you be willing to make that, or a similar, file available to use as a test base?
    12-07-12 11:56 AM
    Would you be willing to make that, or a similar, file available to use as a test base?
    We'd like to, but we might be infringing copyright. Sorry.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 12-08-12 at 08:31 AM.
    12-07-12 12:02 PM
    I'm willing to pay a small fee for BB10 upgrade ... assuming it knows that I bought the app using a PB and the account details is to be used on BB10.
    12-07-12 12:09 PM
    I will suggest the very fair price of 1.99. As long as it kicks serious ****!
    12-08-12 10:49 AM
    Grabbed the Trial based on streaming from clouds opportunity. Note that for files of mp3s I can only initiate stream of one at a time. Would be ideal to be able to select and stream multiple files or even the contents of a folder. Would that be possible?
    12-08-12 04:41 PM
    Grabbed the Trial based on streaming from clouds opportunity. Note that for files of mp3s I can only initiate stream of one at a time. Would be ideal to be able to select and stream multiple files or even the contents of a folder. Would that be possible?
    We are working it.
    12-09-12 05:42 AM
    We have not yet decided whether to charge an update fee for the BB10 version. The app is being completely re-engineered to make use of all the new BB10 features, to suite the new form factor and phone use cases. Quite a lot of work!
    Does AppWorld give you the option of charging a lower fee for an upgrade?
    Ex: $4.99 for new customers and $1.99 for the upgrade.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-09-12 08:29 AM
    Does AppWorld give you the option of charging a lower fee for an upgrade?Ex: $4.99 for new customers and $1.99 for the upgrade.
    I second that motion! BUT, I'll pay another $5 in the next second! This is an unparalleled app that is well worth the money. AND, the dev deserves to heavely profit from their endeavor.
    12-09-12 08:42 AM
    Will this allow me to rename files stored locally on my playbook, such as music and video files?
    12-09-12 08:51 AM
    Does AppWorld give you the option of charging a lower fee for an upgrade?
    Ex: $4.99 for new customers and $1.99 for the upgrade.
    Yes, it does, though we've never used it yet.
    12-09-12 09:05 AM
    Will this allow me to rename files stored locally on my playbook, such as music and video files?
    Of course! Note, however, that most MP3 files have the artist/album/title embedded in the file as a so-called ID3 tags. That info is usually displayed in your MP3 player app. Files & Folders can rename files, but can't change ID3 tags.
    12-09-12 09:09 AM
    Tags are anything but perfect. I've ripped CDs only to find the embedded tags don't match so tag based players don't see the cuts as belonging to the same album or collection. Very frustrating. I listen to complete albums as a rule and prefer to just play them from folders.
    Last edited by BCMike; 12-09-12 at 11:30 PM.
    12-09-12 08:33 PM
    I am trying the trial version. So far it is very useful.
    I had planned to buy it later today.

I have a problem trying to connect to Bridge files. Bridge is working correctly for SMS, Email and other apps but Files and Folders keeps giving the message that Bridge files are not available. Bridge is unlocked and available.
    12-10-12 06:43 AM
    I am trying the trial version. So far it is very useful.
    I had planned to buy it later today.

I have a problem trying to connect to Bridge files. Bridge is working correctly for SMS, Email and other apps but Files and Folders keeps giving the message that Bridge files are not available. Bridge is unlocked and available.
    Is that a company phone, connected to BES? If so, the PlayBook OS actively prevents 3rd party apps from accessing Bridge files in an attempt to keep company data within the corporate perimeter.
    12-10-12 07:30 AM
    Is that a company phone, connected to BES? If so, the PlayBook OS actively prevents 3rd party apps from accessing Bridge files in an attempt to keep company data within the corporate perimeter.
    Yes it is.
    If it is possible to detect that it may be a good idea to show a message to reflect the situation rather than a message that has the user thinking Files and Folders is the problem.

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly both here and by email. That is as important as the quality of your product.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-10-12 09:40 AM
    Yes it is.
    If it is possible to detect that it may be a good idea to show a message to reflect the situation rather than a message that has the user thinking Files and Folders is the problem.

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly both here and by email. That is as important as the quality of your product.
    The first note in Files & Folders Help, under 'Using Bridge' reads...

Note: If your phone is managed by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), the PlayBook OS actively prevents 3rd party apps such as Files & Folders from accessing your bridge files.

12-10-12 11:23 AM
    "The price of this application has changed"... I understand the need to be properly compensated for a better quality of application... but it taught a not so good lesson to "early birds" like me... now, I probably wait for BB10... something might change again...
    12-10-12 12:16 PM
    Known App World problem.

For most users this fixes it: App World > My World > Refresh. Then try updating again.

For other users, uninstalling v5 allowed them to upgrade to v6.
    12-10-12 12:21 PM
    The first note in Files & Folders Help, under 'Using Bridge' reads...

Note: If your phone is managed by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), the PlayBook OS actively prevents 3rd party apps such as Files & Folders from accessing your bridge files.

Yes, that is helpful if I thought there was reason to check the manual. There error message displayed leads the user to believe that Files and Folders can't detect that Bridge is available not that Bridge is available and can't be used.
    When you take the time to have an app display an error message you should always display as much relevant information as possible. Notice I said as possible. If it is not possible to trap the specific problem then the programmer doesn't have much choice but display a generic message.
    I do write software and I do know how time consuming error trapping can be. My suggestion above is not a criticism, just friendly advice.
    12-10-12 01:32 PM
    To Files & Folders, the bridge is just another folder where it may or may not find some files. We have no way of detecting why the folder might be empty.
    Angus_CB likes this.
    12-10-12 02:18 PM
    one thing I've noticed about using this app thru bridge, you gotta make sure that when your tablet is bridged, its unlocked. then go into f&f, and if its still empty, hit the refresh arrow within the app. Boom, there's my bridge files.
    12-10-12 09:23 PM
    To Files & Folders, the bridge is just another folder where it may or may not find some files. We have no way of detecting why the folder might be empty.
    I suspected that.

I bought the app last night.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-11-12 04:27 AM
    i dont know if anyone has had this problem but i cant seem to authorize ANYTHING. i press the buttons to connect my accounts and nothing happens. tried deleting and re-installing a few times. tried a few 3 button resets (tho half the time im not sure if its actually doing it since i never sent in my pb to have the original low buttons fixed). tried redoing the app permissions to prompt then hitting allow again.

i know in the past the free trial worked for me at one point.

app: 6.0
    12-11-12 01:04 PM
    i dont know if anyone has had this problem but i cant seem to authorize ANYTHING. i press the buttons to connect my accounts and nothing happens.
    Which buttons are you pressing exactly? The ones in the F&F swipe-down menu, or the ones in the F&F settings? Which cloud service? Or do you mean the app permissions screen in the PlayBook settings?

Are you sure you have internet connectivity?

Perhaps this would be easier to resolve via e-mail. Drop us a note at [email protected].
    _BIG_ likes this.
    12-11-12 03:44 PM
254 ... 34567 ...