got my update! who's loving this app? This guy!!!
    Toodeurep and annon91221 like this.
    12-06-12 12:06 AM
    Very nice upgrade, streaming working good
    12-06-12 03:13 AM
    I love the streaming. Performance is great even for HD content.

I haven't tried too many video format yet but the only video that gave me an error was a video I shot using the playbook.
    It gave an error id = 5 . Message " This media data type is unsupported by the Playbook" WTF
    Are you streaming that from a local file or from a cloud service?
    12-06-12 04:15 AM
    There seems to be a broken icon next to the magnifying glass for the new locations feature.
    That's supposed to be a down-arrow indicator to show that you can tap the location bar...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-06-12 04:18 AM
    There seems to be a broken icon next to the magnifying glass for the new locations feature.
    That's supposed to be a down-arrow indicator to show that you can tap the location bar...

This expression is just perfect...
    Maybe in some future release you could move the poor thingie more towards the center of the location bar, or even below its text?
    I feel what bothers people here is the distance between it and the text, in many cases (short paths) it looks really decorrelated from the path...
    12-06-12 05:33 AM
    Love this app!! Showed it to my ipad friend and he immediately went to his app store looking for it.....no luck
    12-06-12 07:36 AM
    Thank you for the update. What a valuable program to use.
    12-06-12 08:35 AM
    Are you streaming that from a local file or from a cloud service?
    from cloud service.
    12-06-12 12:38 PM
    Me too - it'd be nice to be able to stream from my dlna server or network share.
    12-06-12 02:00 PM
    Wish list...now that media streaming is there...Playlist support!!!! If you could integrate that, I think every BB10 and playbook user would have to have this app..Period...
    12-06-12 02:34 PM
    Just streamed a movie from my Google Drive. Perfect!!! This has got to be the most awesome app in App World and I hope the dev is getting highly compensated for his (their?) Hard work. I'm moving all of my PC downloaded movies to my GD.
    12-06-12 02:45 PM
    from cloud service.
    Which one?
    12-06-12 05:04 PM
    If you're enjoying Files & Folders and would like to support us, please consider posting a review for the trial version. The mechanics of App World cause reviews for trial versions to be negatively skewed, so we'd be grateful for some help there. If you've never downloaded the trail version before, you'll need to download it before you can post a review, but you don't actually need to run the trail, and both versions can happily exist side-by-side. Thanks!
    Last edited by Innovatology; 12-06-12 at 07:07 PM.
    12-06-12 05:09 PM
    Love this app!! Showed it to my ipad friend and he immediately went to his app store looking for it.....no luck
    Is there no file access on an iPad?
    12-06-12 05:55 PM
    Is there no file access on an iPad?
    IOS has no shared file system like we have on BlackBerry. Most files are limited to the app that created them.
    12-06-12 06:11 PM
    The trial version of Files & Folders 6.0 has now also been approved.
    12-07-12 12:56 AM
    Thank you so much! I've added my Dropbox and Google Drive accounts and music/movies stream flawlessly!! Fantastic! Another folder app I used was downloading music I wanted to play that I had stored in one of my clouds, which I didn't want. Files & Folders does it right! This app is seriously crazy underpriced for the value I place on it. Thank you again!
    12-07-12 04:21 AM
    Great App.... just wish I didn't just buy the old version two weeks ago. Not sure I want to pay for an update and they pay again in a few months (I hope) when the BB10 version comes out.
    12-07-12 08:09 AM
    Great App.... just wish I didn't just buy the old version two weeks ago. Not sure I want to pay for an update and they pay again in a few months (I hope) when the BB10 version comes out.
    Huh? I've had Files & Folders for months and didn't have to pay for the update to version 6.
    12-07-12 08:51 AM
    Love the new edition.

Having problems (slow-caching) streaming from Box and Dropbox however. Is there a preferred format-bitrate for streaming?

Thanks
    12-07-12 09:44 AM
    IOS has no shared file system like we have on BlackBerry. Most files are limited to the app that created them.
    Now that's lame...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-07-12 10:30 AM
    Updates to v6.0 should be free. We have had some reports of App World charging some users for the update. This is an App World bug currently under investigation by RIM. One of our users also reported that first uninstalling v5 allowed them to download v6 for free. Another user reported that refreshing the app list in App World > My World solved the problem for them.

We have not yet decided whether to charge an update fee for the BB10 version. The app is being completely re-engineered to make use of all the new BB10 features, to suite the new form factor and phone use cases. Quite a lot of work!
    Last edited by Innovatology; 12-07-12 at 12:00 PM.
    12-07-12 11:05 AM
    Updates to v6.0 should be free. We have had some reports of App World charging some users for the update. This is an App World bug currently under investigation by RIM. One of our users also reported that first uninstalling v5 allowed them to download v6 for free.

We have not yet decided whether to charge an update fee for the BB10 version. The app is being completely re-engineered to make use of all the new BB10 features, to suite the new form factor and phone use cases. Quite a lot of work!
    I uninstalled v5 and it let me reinstall v6 for free. Thanks for the info.

Great app, I can see charging for the BB10 version...
    12-07-12 11:16 AM
    Having problems (slow-caching) streaming from Box and Dropbox however. Is there a preferred format-bitrate for streaming?
    The limiting factors here are the speed of your internet connection, other traffic on that connection and - probably most importantly - the speed of the cloud servers. The cloud servers are distributed around the world and offer varying speeds. The cloud services try to keep your files on a server close to you. The speed they can maintain will vary dramatically due to the hardware, the number of people using that server simultaneously, the speed of its connection, the route it has to take over the internet and/or 3G/4G/wireless networks etc.

As far as we know, there are no publicly available figures about bandwidth offered by the various cloud services in various locations. But you could easily test how long it takes to download an audio track or a video clip. If it takes longer to download than the clip is in length, then streaming won't work well and you'll have to use a lower bitrate.

We've noticed that in our location (Netherlands, Europe), Box can't keep up with HD video. Google Drive does a better job but still stalls sometimes. We've streamed a 1000 Kbps DivX encoded TV show successfully from all the cloud services, but your mileage may vary.
    W Hoa likes this.
    12-07-12 11:23 AM
    Great update.. Thanks...
    12-07-12 11:30 AM
254 ... 23456 ...