Any plans for adding support for NAS devices? I've got a WD My Book Live that I'd love to be able to stream content from...
    Not at this time. We're focusing on BB10 support first.
    kyleheney likes this.
    11-29-12 12:53 PM
    q&a from facebook page reveals like "streaming media from files inside the playbook or from the supported cloud. streaming from nas is not supported"

so streaming from media sources to media players in the context of DLNA (or Samsung Allshare) is not included. I was hoping for that, so i wanted to find out (and share it). maybe next time.

However i'm impressed by the clear release notes overall and communication to us. Good job. I think sooner or later - when f&f brings the functions i need - i'll get that without hesitation.

Ray

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Playbook "Android Player" mit Tapatalk
    11-29-12 01:29 PM
    What RIMs turn around time usually like to get updated app submissions approved?
    I keep checking for your update
    11-29-12 02:55 PM
    What RIMs turn around time usually like to get updated app submissions approved?I keep checking for your update
    It'll drop tomorrow morning or I drive to Canada and pimp-slap somebody.
    11-29-12 03:02 PM
    I have to say that this app should have been standard part of the OS on PlayBook release day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-29-12 03:11 PM
    What RIMs turn around time usually like to get updated app submissions approved?
    Usually a day or two. But perhaps they have their hands full with all the BBJam Asia activity.
    pmccartney likes this.
    11-29-12 03:18 PM
    Sort order is maintained when you navigate within the app, but is not remembered when you exit the app. It's a good suggestion. We'll add it to our wishlist.
    Fantastic! Much appreciated and looking fwd to it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-29-12 03:23 PM
    Absolutely the greatest app for the Playbook. Can't live without it. And it keeps getting better and better.
    11-29-12 04:57 PM
    Outstanding work. Look forward to the new features!
    11-29-12 05:09 PM
    This is truly excellent. This is indeed a showcase app for the PlayBook. Great job.
    11-29-12 05:52 PM
    so awesome! can't wait! this app is the greatest!
    11-29-12 11:13 PM
    So do we! We're hard at work getting it ready!
    Is the BB10 app being developed using cascades?
    11-29-12 11:57 PM
    Another feature request: The ability to cut and paste files between folders without copying the entire contents to a new file at the destination then deleting the original. As it stands, moving large files around takes forever when it should be a simple update to the MFT or whatever QNX uses as a directory table.

Or is this simple operation, which is supported on every other modern OS, not available on the PB? Sort of like SMB support?

Note that the operation works as expected when you access the PB remotely via wifi sharing, so the file system must support the requisite functions since they're being used by the built-in SMB server. On the other hand, if you try to cut/paste in an android app - like estrongs - the app crashes.

One of my lingering pet peeves with the PB file system implementation...

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-30-12 01:31 AM

Or is this simple operation, which is supported on every other modern OS, not available on the PB? Sort of like SMB support?

Note that the operation works as expected when you access the PB remotely via wifi sharing, so the file system must support the requisite functions since they're being used by the built-in SMB server. On the other hand, if you try to cut/paste in an android app - like estrongs - the app crashes.
    It can be done with either Ghost Commander or X-Plore (using the "Move" command). Moving a 2 Gig file takes less than a second. So it can be done.
    11-30-12 03:11 AM
    It can be done with either Ghost Commander or X-Plore (using the "Move" command). Moving a 2 Gig file takes less than a second. So it can be done.
    Good to know. I'll give those a try. If I cut/paste with ES File Explorer , the app crashes.

Now if only it worked in native apps life F&F...

RCK

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-12 03:50 AM
    Another feature request: The ability to cut and paste files between folders without copying the entire contents to a new file at the destination then deleting the original.
    Should be possible, will look into it.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-30-12 04:06 AM
    It'll drop tomorrow morning or I drive to Canada and pimp-slap somebody.
    Pictures or it never happened (in the future).
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-30-12 04:33 AM
    App World is a continuous green circle this morning. Can't access my BBID on my Playbook and the website seems to be down. Sphincter just cramped up worse. Must....not...get...angry. Hulk smash!
    11-30-12 04:48 AM
    Not at this time. We're focusing on BB10 support first.
    This is disappointing but I just purchased it anyway because of the other great features. I hope you support NAS streaming down the line.
    Innovatology and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    11-30-12 09:35 AM
    Yes, as long as Box is fast enough to keep up with your media. Unfortunately the performance of cloud services varies considerably. Audio seems to work fine, video works too as long as your the bitrate isn't too high. YMMV.
    Is it possible to stream from audio/video stored on Bridge in this update? Another feature request - adding the ability to play music from the cloud/bridge via a playlist... Would make this an absolute killer app in the sense that we no longer need to use our PB's storage space to store any music at all!
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-30-12 03:27 PM
    I'm not impressed with AppWorld right now. I want my upgrade already!
    11-30-12 03:36 PM
    Love this app and how frequent new updates with new functionality are released...keep it up. Feature request...could you add the accounts/1000/shared folder as an option for startup? And, any plans for Sharepoint integration?
    11-30-12 03:45 PM
    Is it possible to stream from audio/video stored on Bridge in this update?
    Theoretically, yes, but that was already so in previous versions. Bridge is severely bandwidth-limited over Bluetooth. So audio maybe, but video probably not unless you are using Bridge over Wifi.

Another feature request - adding the ability to play music from the cloud/bridge via a playlist... Would make this an absolute killer app in the sense that we no longer need to use our PB's storage space to store any music at all!
    On our list, but it will probably be a dedicated app more tailored to this use.
    Toodeurep and annon91221 like this.
    11-30-12 07:00 PM
    I'm not impressed with AppWorld right now. I want my upgrade already!
    Still in the queue for approval...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-30-12 07:01 PM
    Feature request...could you add the accounts/1000/shared folder as an option for startup?
    That's been in there since v.1.0:
    • swipe down
    • tap Settings
    • go to the Startup page
    • choose Playbook Media

And, any plans for Sharepoint integration?
    Plans - yes. Time - not at the moment :-(
    Toodeurep and dropnreload like this.
    11-30-12 07:07 PM
254 1234 ...